Ongoing Multiple HDD's (1 Viewer)

DecRa_007

Portal Member
August 17, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
How can i tell the program to search on multiple hdd for movies. I have a HTPC with serveral (+-700 movies original) HDD's around 7TB of space. In the setup can i select 1 movie folder :)growl: ) but a want to select multiple folders how can i solve this problem???
Thx

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Have another look in the config program because you can set more than one movie folder...

DecRa_007

Portal Member
August 17, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I have take a look to the setup. I see all my HDD's but i can only selected 1 to movie folder! how do you do it for selecting multiple folders?

I while try the ntfs links but i read that changing the database (add movie or delete )the link could make some strange behavior. i while try and post the result.thx anyway

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I have a lot of HDDs specified for movies.
    One for TV shows, one for recent downloads and two for movies.
    You can add as many as you want in the config section (movie folders).
    MP will place a tick in the default movie folder, but if you remove the tick then all folders will be available.

How are you trying to look at the movies, are they on the same PC or shared across a network?

DecRa_007

Portal Member
    August 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have just tested that and it works +- if i do a controle and update some new movies to the database then seems to be some kindt of a problem. Not all the movies are presented in the list. if i go then to the setup menu en select again the drive where i added some more movies then it works again.
    I tested also the NTFS link and that work suberb. so my problem seems to be solved thx.

I'm sharing all the movies across my home network and using a fileserver (2xdual xeon) to store all my desires.

DecRa_007

Portal Member
    August 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Multiple HDD to 1 virtual folder

Is it possible to merge several virtual folders to 1. I created a folder with a ntfs link to each HDD. MP recognized the folder and i can see every movie :)D ). But i see the disk first and then i could click forward to the folders. Is it not possible to see all the folders of all the disk in 1 list. beacause around 700 movies i can't now where exacly i could find the desired movie. I have to seek every HDD to find the movie :eek: .

:D

DecRa_007

Portal Member
    August 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    that is the way i use now my media. I made 1 folder and i linked all my drives to that folder. In mediaportal works it fine but i see in my movie folder first the disk and then i could click further to the folders. But i have to many movies on to many disks to now on what disk i placed the movie.
    Sould it be possible to use a expended partion???
    what happens if 1 disk fails. lose i all may data (like in RAID 0) or is just my partition offline and when i put a new hdd in it. and set it back to expended partion all my data while be restored? except of the data on the disk that failed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom