multiple STBs (external tuners) (1 Viewer)

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm a user (and the original author) of the DirectTVTune plugin that has a DirecTV box (STB) connected via s-video to a PVR-150 and will be connecting another DirecTV box to and second PVR-150 in the near future. It appears that MediaPortal does not currently have the capability to externaly tune on multiple STBs if you have multiple TV cards. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

BTW, if MultiCardBase.cs is aware of which TV card is currently in use (and it appears it is), we could modify the GUIMessage it creates upon channel change so that it set the message Label2 to _currentCardIndex so that external tuning plugins could handle multiple STBs.

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
I made the change and it works great with a modified version of the DirecTVTune plugin. I uploaded the patch to SVN, hopefully it can be part of the next release.

As soon as I get a chance I'll upload the modified plugin so other people can try it out.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    Hi garry,

I'm new to MP and over the weekend I finally got MP installed and configured.

I have 1 DirecTV receiver (STB) and I have a working serial cable connected to COM1. The receiver model is HTL-HD and serial channel changing worked perfectly with the TiVo unit I used to have connected.

I have your plugin enabled, but how to I futher configure MP to use this plugin to change channels with my Microsoft MCE remote?

Many thanks for your work and contributions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom