Multiple strange Behaviours in 1.0.1 (1 Viewer)

Gjevon

Portal Member
March 16, 2009
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
i've faced some weired problems with Version 1.0.1 / none of these with the previous version
(no Hardware modifications since then)

• TV-Server often is not reachable (for example error messages no Timeshift, or no Audiocodec in Stream1.0)
  • TV-Server often hangs up, it cannot be restarted over the Services-Management-Console, nor by command-line
  • Strange flickering e.g. when entering the EPG, while this happens, the usable screen area seems to shrink to a small band
  • Some and only some recordings show strange picture-fragments and async A/V
  • While watching TV there are many stutterings

To say it again there had been no changes to my PC since the installation of Version 1.0.0 and they seem to
only happen on 1.0.1

RAM: 4 GB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you make sure you have the latest video\audio drivers for your system, also make sure directx\.net is fully upto date.

Gjevon

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok i'll have a look for it Direct-X and .Net are for sure up to date, so i'll Update NVIDIA and Soundcard Drivers. By the way i have multiple soundcards installed, maybe something has changed concerning that.?

Gjevon

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, i updated my system to the latest drivers provided by NVidia, Asus (Audio,ChipSet,LAN, BIOS) and Creative Labs (Audigy LS PCI).
    I'll do some further tests later this evening, but one problem still shows up, the stuttering in TV-Mode.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the stuttering in TV-Mode.

System specs would help here, if you get a chance, fill them in, this is done under usercp and also needs to be enabled for others to view.

Have you enabled under MPconfig\television\TVclient the option for tsreader to not drop packets, also you do need a Aero theme enabled with Vista.

Gjevon

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay i have updated my System-configuration in my Profile.

I activated the "Do not drop packets" - function and this seems to really fix my stuttering problem,
    although its strange that in the previous version there had been no problem without this function.

But nevertheless a big thanks for the hint.:D

If i face the other problems again i'll update this thread.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I activated the "Do not drop packets" - function and this seems to really fix my stuttering problem,
    although its strange that in the previous version there had been no problem without this function.

Please upload logs, as it sounds like you could be having a signal quality issue if that setting helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom