Forum Multiple System Configurations (1 Viewer)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Can you add ability to add multiple system configurations, so you can add multple machines?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi matejdro - add it where? To Wiki? Website? Forums? what page or forum thread. If you can provide more information we may be able to assist you. Thanks.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    My guess is that he is referring to the "My System" functionality on the forum.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks matejdro - I updated your first post with the new prefixes for this sub forum so it is clear it is a Forum Feature request.

I have often asked for the same thing (mutliple system config), It is not even easy to enter dual monitors supported. But it is not easy/possible at present.

If you see that feature in any other forum, can you post a link to it here? Thanks.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Maybe a simple workaround: just add multiple of this forum plugins and rename it, so there will be My System, My System 2 etc. (multiple dropdown menus).

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Personally, I think that's a really nasty work around.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there are elements of the vB plugin that are hard coded and would break all instances if mutiple copies were installed. Then there is the possible hammering of the forums DB to contend with.

Another idea is to start a project log thread here and give all the detail you can. Then just put a link to the thread in your forum signature. I have a project log on another forum that I keep meaning to link to from here.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yepp, its not a single plugin but a combination of existing modified options. So just copy&rename anything wont work here. Ofc we can add additional fields but we are already at a limit that can visualy handle so much info.
    There wasnt much progress on this topic yet as we would like to update to vb4 before we start additional/new codings on the template (which fully changed in vb4). Ofc, if someone has ideas or want to help in this area just send me a PM please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter to the profile. I'll try to add this option in the next version. PS: please use official thread
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter...
    I have the current (1.0.2.0 level) World Weather Lite plugins installed on x86 and x64 different MP1 copies. When Location is...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically picked up the other movie.
    Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically...
    I added 3 movies, out of the 3 it picked up 2 and imported. I restarted MP multiple times but it still wouldn't pick it up. Added 2...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing process and only very rarely have I needed to use the manual procedure posted by @CyberSimian to overcome the error you ran into. I also believe there is a procedure to repair the MySQL install in the event...
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing...
    I am trying to install Mediaportal with TV Server. I tried many versions, including current x64 and new prerelease x86, and...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom