Multiples instances or menu entries to filters? (1 Viewer)

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

I'm using My TVSeries and I'm quite happy with it, but I wouls like to "customize" my home menu with buttons going straight to a defined filter, or have multiple instances of the plugin, each with its own main menu button.

The point is that I actually use the plugin for TV shows, anime series (better handled in my case with my TVSeries than myAnime, as many of my files are not in the animedb - so no corresponding hash).

But I'd like to be able to select only TV shows, or anime, or children series from the main MePo menu, with a "new" button for each.

If I can shortcut to a filter, that's fine; If I need to install multiple instances pointing to different files locations that would also be fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In MediaPortal 1.2 Alpha with next version of tvseries v2.6.5 + supported skin you will be able to jump to a particular tvseries view from the home menu.

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Wow,

What a fast answer :eek:

Good to know, but I currently would find a way to do it with the currently stable release - my wife is also using my MePo, and BSOD are not really "WAF" ;)

Maybe someone know about a plugin that would allow me to do that?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion...

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello,

Sorry to come back on this one, but I installed a 1.2 alpha with the latest my TVSeries plugin, but where do I configure some of my views to appear on my home screen?
    Shall I edit manually some xml files?

I'm using the latest version of the streamedMP skin, is that one compatible? Or shall I use another skin?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I really cannot find any info on this...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    felix_clerc, as long as your using the latest StreamedMP release then yes you can create a sub-menu using the BasicHome editor (see shortcut on your desktop).

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello itfearme,

Thanks for the info, I played with a bit and it works like a charm - it does not support foreign languages well, by the way (only propose "WATCH MY", "BROWSE MY"..., regardless of the language chosen in MePo config).

Not a big issue, as the field can be freely writtent, just a small point to remember when editing the menu.

Thanks for this great add-on! :D

Felix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom