[TV] Multiprofiled Logo Away to fight the screen burn in problem (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Everybody who has plasma and has a habit to watch a particular set channels, sooner or later discovers plasma pixel burn-in issue - the shadow of TV stations logo very noticeable on white background. (Plasma display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    FFDShow codec offers a good way to fight this problem by "dissolving" the logo. The problem is that FFDShow offers only one profile, but the logo could not exist on particular channels, or be in any corner depending on the channel and the resolution.

I would suggest a feature similar to FFDShow Logoaway, but with a few configurable and manually or automatically selectable dissolving pattern, depending on the channel.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I now use FFSHOW logoaway feature to fight the logos burn in on different channels by selecting different profiles and assigning the preset autoload conditions based on the file name and the resolution. It has some limitations, for example, in multiseat configuration the file name is not picked up by the remote client. My workaround is playback via My Videos, not through TV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom