Multiseat, configure client settings on tvserver (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My suggestion:

Since I am running multiseat.
    I need to configure every client to my liking.. ( i configure them all the same more or less)

I am thinking about:
    Push tvlogos to client
    Push networked moviefolders to client.
    Push networked picturefolders to client.
    Language setting client.
    skin setting etc. etc..

It would be a lot easier if this would be possible on the TVServer and the client would get his configuration set from the tvserver.
    This way you install a client, add the plugin, make connection and all the settings would be set without a hitch.
    Exactly how I set it on tvserver.. that would be great!

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    This has been raised before.

I think there are limitations on what can be achieved with the MP1 framework. I would be very dissapointed if this wasn't an option in MP2 :p

Unless you could do it all through the configuration apps? yeah, that might work better...

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This has been raised before.

I think there are limitations on what can be achieved with the MP1 framework. I would be very dissapointed if this wasn't an option in MP2 :p

Unless you could do it all through the configuration apps? yeah, that might work better...

Hmm .. I was more thinking of adding the stuff to the database... tvlogos can be added..
    general client settings etc...
    that would not run into any limitations as far as I known...
    doesnt take that much space, and there is a database connection anyway.. so doesnt need that much code ..
    and the database is there.. why not use it somewhat more :D
    just an extra option in tvserver client "use default settings" would then do it

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hmm .. I was more thinking of adding the stuff to the database... tvlogos can be added..
    general client settings etc...
    that would not run into any limitations as far as I known...
    doesnt take that much space, and there is a database connection anyway.. so doesnt need that much code ..
    and the database is there.. why not use it somewhat more :D
    just an extra option in tvserver client "use default settings" would then do it
    But that may require significant changes to MediaPortal, changes that wouldn't really be worth it if it can be designed into MP2. I don't know anything about how the internals are structured, but i've come across this kind of thing in other software projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom