Multiseat Setup: best practice ?! (1 Viewer)

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi - also I am not a newcomer (using MePo for 4 years now)
    I am interested in how to setup MePo in multiseat with shared databases the best way!

As I am using StreamedMP with Fanart handlers, Moving Pictures, InfoService and so on there is a lot of traffic on the central databases for each Plugin.
    I have all databases on a network share.
    mediaportaldirs.xml is changed to use the databeses on this share :

<!-- The Path for the databases -->
    <Dir id = "Database">
    <Path>d:\mpsharedfiles\Database\</Path>
    </Dir>
    <!-- The Path for the Thumbs, like Music Cover Art, TV Logos, etc. -->
    <Dir id = "Thumbs">
    <Path>d:\mpsharedfiles\Thumbs\</Path>
    </Dir>

Errors look like this:
    2011-01-03 21:01:56.386600 [ERROR][DirectoryWorker(8)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:BUSY detailed:database is locked query:confused:ELECT COUNT(Artist) FROM Movie_Fanart WHERE Artist = 'the imaginarium of doctor parnassus' AND SOURCE_IMAGE = 'd:\MPSharedFiles\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Backdrops\FullSize\{The.Imaginarium.of.Doctor.Parnassus} [-2087554304].jpg';

Everything works fine so far - but very often when a new instance of MePo is started on one of the clients I get a lock on the databases.
    SQLITE statements are then created in the local log files of the client.
    directly when StreamedMP is starting up and it uses MovingPictures too get the info on added movies and so on everything gets really slow, because the database is locked by another client.

So this really is my priority 1 problem - locked databases!

Do you have a better idea to realize a multiseat setup with shared databases where no locks will occure?

Thanx a lot

André

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    MediaPortal 1 is not really designed to be used in a shared environment (except for TVServer).

I have used a central database with great success, BUT only one client was ever acvtive at any given time. Many users have even reported database corruption when trying this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom