[TV] Multiseat Streaming Scrambled Channels (2 Viewers)

athos

Portal Member
February 23, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
TV-Server Version: 1.1 Alpha
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Alpha
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 1.0.1.0
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium SP2
CPU Type: Core 2 Quad Q8300
HDD: WD Velociraptor 300Gb
Memory: 4Gb DDR2 800
Motherboard: GigaByte EP4C-DS3
Video Card: Asus EN6200LE TC512 PCI-E
Video Card Driver: NVidia GeForce 6200LE 8.15.11.8585 30/04/2009
Sound Card: Realtek Integrated
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.0.5793 17/02/2009
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-T-Stick USB 2.0 Model 366
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 3.11.27070.0 11/03/2009
2. TV Card: WinTV-CI + SamsungCam or DiabloLight with UnderWorld 180
2. TV Card Type: CI
2. TV Card Driver: 1.3607.26283.0 09/10/2008
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD 9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow rev.2975
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I have already opened a thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-90/scrambled-channels-same-trasponder-60790/ but probably i don't have explained well.

Scenario:

I have one PC with configuration as above that is running MP 1.1 Alpha dedicated server mode.
I have two clients in similar software configurations called PC1 and PC2 that running MP 1.1 Alpha client mode.

In PC1 and PC2 if i swith from FTA channels in same trasponder everything works fine.
If PC1 is switched on one scrambled channel, PC2 is able to view the same channel but if PC2 switch in another scrambled channel on same trasponder the system crash: PC1 freeze the current channel image and PC2 (after some seconds) displays the frozen image of the selected channel.

I have tested several configuration hardware and software with same results.

Probable Bug.

Log attached for reference.

Athos

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I can not reproduce this issue, but i am also not using the WinTV.CI (which is considered to be of a very low quality - hardware and drivers) on my productive system.
    The amount and scale of issues i encountered with (the first hardware rev of) this device are mind-boggling :mad:

All i can only recommed 2 things:
    1. ensure that the CAM limit is set to 1 in TV-Server configuration for this device, then it should not even try to decode more than one channel (which the WinTv.Ci or your CAM might not be able to do).
    2. (tough one) use a high quality TV-Card with an inbuilt CI (such as the floppy-dtv-t) - find a list of cards where CI is supported ::here::

For the record.
    I am using:
    1x floppy-dtv-s2 + AlphaCrypt CAM + Smartcard
    1x flire-dtv-s2 + EasyTV CAM + Smartcard
    and have 4 HTPC's + 1 Notebook connected to the TV-Server without issues.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just finished some quite extensive testing, based on our PM's from today.

ServerPC:
    • Windows XP SP3
    • 1.1.0 ALPHA - dedicated TV-Server, no client
    • Hauppauge Nova-S2-HD + latest available drivers
    • Hauppauge WinTv.Ci + latest available drivers + EasyTv-CAM
    ClientPC-1:
    • Windows XP SP3
    • 1.1.0 ALPHA - MP-client
    ClientPC-2:
    • VISTA 32bit SP2
    • 1.1.0 ALPHA - MP-client

----------------------Test 1:--------------------​

Configuration:
    • WinTv.Ci configured to be used with Hauppauge-Nova-s2-HD
    • "has cam" enabled on Hauppauge-Nova-s2-HD - CAM limit set to 1
    Testrun:
    1. ClientPC1: Entered MyTV
    2. ClientPC1: brought up channel selector and selected scrambled Channel ORF 1
    3. ClientPC1: started to play nicely -> and let it play
    4. ClientPC2: Entered MyTV
    5. ClientPC2: brought up channel selector which lists ORF 1 in "orange" (means timeshifted - is tuneable) and all other channels in "red" (which means not tuneable) (and this is 100% correct since i only have one TV-card)
    6. ClientPC2: selected channel "ORF2" which is on the same transponder as "ORF1"
    Result:
    On ClientPC2 MediaPortal reports "Can not tune channel - No free TV-Card" which is 100% correct
    On ClientPC1 MediaPortal plays ORF1 nicely, no issues

----------------------Test 2:--------------------​

Configuration:
    • WinTv.Ci configured to be used with Hauppauge-Nova-s2-HD
    • "has cam" enabled on Hauppauge-Nova-s2-HD - CAM limit set to 2
    Testrun:
    1. ClientPC1: Entered MyTV
    2. ClientPC1: brought up channel selector and selected scrambled Channel ORF 1
    3. ClientPC1: started to play nicely -> and let it play
    4. ClientPC2: Entered MyTV
    5. ClientPC2: brought up channel selector which lists ORF 1 in "orange" (means timeshifted - is tuneable)), all other channels on the same transponder in "green" and all channels on other transponders than ORF1 in "red" (which means not tuneable) (which is 100% correct since i only have one TV-card and CAM limit is now set to 2)
    6. ClientPC2: selected channel "ORF2" which is on the same transponder as "ORF1"
    Result:
    On ClientPC2 - ORF2 starts to play
    On ClientPC1 - ORF1 playback stops - only displays a still image no sound

If you now stop LiveTv on ClientPC1 and tune any other scrambled channel on the same transponder on ClientPC1, then LiveTV on ClientPC2 will stop and show a still image.

MediaPortal does not freeze! Nor does the TV-Server crash!

This behaviour is also 100% correct since the WinTv.Ci is not able to decode more than one TV-Channel simultaneously!

Bottomline is, all is working nicely here. :)

I did the same testrun with a firedtv-s2 + AlphaCryptCam, and i can not reproduce your issue with that setup either (since you said in PM that you can).
    As bonus of this setup i can boost up the CAM limit to 3 channels (4 or 5 could work as well but did not test) and watch them simultaneously on 3 clients since the floppy-dtv does not suffer of that lously 1 Channel descrambling issue the WinTv.Ci has. ;)

amilewski

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2007
    Jelenia Góra
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Similar problem but with FloppyDTV S2/CI + Nagravision CAM here, when 2nd PC tunes other channel on same transponder I have two different channels on two PCs for few seconds, than 1st PC freezes picture (but it not crashes). 2nd PC continue to play normaly. I have checked CAM limit and it was set to 0 (no limit I think).
    Before I have found this thread I was sure it is normal behaviour, after reading infinityloop's test results I checked my logs but found nothing related to this.

Any suggestions?

athos

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I can't understand why Infinityloop says that's all work correctly.
    Because i do not have any issues at all watching scrambled channels at all.

@amilewski
    Same for team members which live in italy, germany, finland, .... using floppy-dtv's and other cards.

So at the current time, we can not confirm any issues.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    HI

I have firedtv-s2 last firmware and last driver from digital-everywhere, with Astoncryp 2.03 . ( I have check this setting the cam model to default and also to astoncryp with same results)

These are my test, I have set cam limit to 2.

Two client, and bouth are able to see two diferent channel on the same mux. No problem

But, when If I start recording two channels on the same transporter and then on one of the clients I start watching one of the channel that is recording the second channel turn scramble.

Here is the test:
    1.- Select FOX and start wathing
    2.- Push Record and start Recording
    3.- Change to SCI-fi is on the same demux, Fox is recording no problem.
    4.- Push record to start recording Sci-Fix
    5.- Fox get scramble.

Logs Attached

I'm using build 23407

Iosu

Attachments

• 2 scramble.zip
      30.6 KB

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @amilewski
    Same for team members which live in italy, germany, finland, .... using floppy-dtv's and other cards.

If you read carefully(in italian) (..)
    Now i can read the words there, but since i do not understand italian, this wont help much. :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    HI

I have firedtv-s2 last firmware and last driver from digital-everywhere, with Astoncryp 2.03 . ( I have check this setting the cam model to default and also to astoncryp with same results)

These are my test, I have set cam limit to 2.

Two client, and bouth are able to see two diferent channel on the same mux. No problem

But, when If I start recording two channels on the same transporter and then on one of the clients I start watching one of the channel that is recording the second channel turn scramble.

Here is the test:
    1.- Select FOX and start wathing
    2.- Push Record and start Recording
    3.- Change to SCI-fi is on the same demux, Fox is recording no problem.
    4.- Push record to start recording Sci-Fix
    5.- Fox get scramble.

Logs Attached

I'm using build 23407
    I can do the same here with my floppy-dtv-s2 AlphaCrypt CAM, and i do not encounter this issue. :confused:
    But the question is. Is you CAM even able to decode all required PID's for 3 Channels?
    - record Fox
    - record SCI-fi
    - watch SCI-fi

I would guess that your card can only decode the required PID's for 2 Channels, not for 3 at the same time.
    So, even though you just tune 2 Channels, you actually tune SCI-fi 2 times, which is as if you would tune 3 Channels. :)

Note:
    I am 99% sure on this. Could be wrong though since i do not know the multitune code which is involved in this usecase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom