MuSh-Stopper: Stop any program with your remote (1 Viewer)

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
A simple plugin to stop an external running application with your remote.

I installed a virtual fireplace, basically an .avi of a fireplace burning, with WMP, launched with MultiShortcut. I used WMP to be able to have the sound of the fireplace AND some relaxing music played in MP. The downside was that I couldn't stop the fireplace (WMP) from my remote, had to tap ALT-F4 on the keyboard, for which I had to get up out of my couch... I'm lazy... I know...
So I created this plugin to enable stopping applications with the color buttons on the remote.

In the setup screen just enter the processname(s) of the application(s) you want to stop, that's it.
Not longer available.

Have fun!

Fripsy.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's basically a Taskkiller for MP... hmmm why not :)

Why not list the applications, so you can select the task/app you want to stop/kill? Would be much more comfortable for the really lazy ones :D

blotz79

Portal Member
    October 27, 2008
    yes, a list with the running tasks and the option to kill was my first thought, too when i read the title

i made myself a script with the PStools from Microsoft to shutdown tasks remotely.

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Well... I'm to lazy to push several buttons on the remote (navigate in the tasklist...), hence one push on the remote to kill the task...

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom