Music and Video Plays Simulaneously (1 Viewer)

skool

November 30, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Guys,

Recently, I just built a new HTPC. Before, I was using a older Shuttle XPC with a Radeon 3650 for h.264 playback. My current systems consists of a Asus mobo with an intel E5400 CPU and Radeon 5670 as the graphic/sound output via HDMI connection. Everything is working good thus far with this particular problem I just noticed.

When playing my FLAC music collection with MP (BASS engine), whenever I switched to My Videos folder and try to play a video file, the video file plays, but the music doesn't stop and continuing playing with the video simultaneously. At that moment, I have to stop the video file and go back to the music library. Then, I pick a song, play it, and then stop it. After that, I can go back to the video library to resume my file. Does anybody else having this problem? Is there a fix for it?

I tried to search for this problem beforehand, but couldn't find an answer. I've been using MP since before v1.0.0 and haven't encountered this problem before.

Thanks.

Ps. MOD, please move to the correct forum if this is in the wrong section. I apologize in advance.

Updated: So far, I've just verified this only occurs whenever I switch from a song to a MKV or MP4 video files only.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Make sure that MP4 is not amongst music extension. Config -> Music -> Music Extension
    remove mp4 please.

then turn on Debug Log level in Config -> General

if problem is still there, please post mediaportal.log

skool

November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you so much! That seems to fixed it.

I guess that was obvious, but I didn't think about it. I thought MP would able to distinguish when switching from My Musics to My Videos section.

Thanks again hwahrmann.

Any chance we'll see replaygain being implemented with the BASS player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom