Music Database (1 Viewer)

Bochi

Portal Member
July 7, 2005
Hi,

first off - Media Portal really rocks. I was looking at many Media Center software solutions these days, but Media Portal is the one I'm gonna stay with.

For the Music Database there is (in my opinion) quite some room for improvement though. Have you guys ever seen amaroK (http://amaroK.kde.org)? It's another OSS project and it has some fantastic features related to music collection handling. Also, it does an incremental scan, means it scans the collection directories from time to time and checks for updates, that would obsolete the Database Update in the config menu...

If Media Portal could handle the music collection in a similar way that would be excellent... Also, context information would rock. (Hey, it's OSS so amaroK's excellence is not secret! :) )

Another thing I noticed is that if there is a cover image in the album directory, Media Portal does not use it to display as cover image... Why is that?

Thanks,
Bochi

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good job, nice release as usual (y)
Good job, nice release as usual (y)
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
Hi Of course you can watch your photos to music from your playlists on the TV. You can use the built-in slideshow mode or run external screensaver. For example, PhotoScroll screensaver - looks like a screensaver from the Winds Media Center and works great with photos.
Hi Of course you can watch your photos to music from your playlists on the TV. You can use the built-in slideshow mode or run...
Sorry, but this is really confusing to me. I haven't installed MediaPortal yet because I'm not sure what I am doing... I have a PC...
Replies
Views
Good work guys!
Good work guys!
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.1 After the release of MediaPortal 2.2 Final the team focussed on improving usability and...
Replies
Views
That's awesome news! I can't say how I'm happy to help fellow XP user :D
That's awesome news! I can't say how I'm happy to help fellow XP user :D
Ok, I’m back, MP1.14 has been working great for the last few years, up until last month when a recording overwrote the hard drive...
Replies
Views
Thanks for taking the time to explain. I have downloaded your program, but not looked at it yet. I will look at utilising it when I get the chance. The Google download link for MovPicNfo is broken, so can't look at it. And there doesn't appear to be any alternate download sites available, according to Google.
Thanks for taking the time to explain. I have downloaded your program, but not looked at it yet. I will look at utilising it when I...
After initial testing, of MP2, on my bedroom HTPC, I have decided to wait until it's further development, towards attaining it's...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom