Music Link on Home Ribbon Does Not Work (1 Viewer)

mfc90125

August 1, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Greetings, my apologies if I have this question in the wrong folder.

I recently installed and attempted to configure the newest version of MediaPortal - I used the configuration tool to, among other things, link to my music folder and scrape for fan art. Unfortunately, each time I try to access the MUSIC link on the home screen's ribbon, I am diverted back to home screen. I did return the skin I was using (StreamedMP) back to the original, but the issue persisted.

Any ideas what configuration issue I might have unknowningly caused?

I am using StreamedMP 1.1.0.0, as well as MediaPortal 1.1.0.0.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Greetings, my apologies if I have this question in the wrong folder.

I recently installed and attempted to configure the newest version of MediaPortal - I used the configuration tool to, among other things, link to my music folder and scrape for fan art. Unfortunately, each time I try to access the MUSIC link on the home screen's ribbon, I am diverted back to home screen. I did return the skin I was using (StreamedMP) back to the original, but the issue persisted.

Any ideas what configuration issue I might have unknowningly caused?

I am using StreamedMP 1.1.0.0, as well as MediaPortal 1.1.0.0.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi,

Difficult to say without further information and if using the StreamedMP skin this might better have been posted in that fourm.

To find out if things are configured right would need a copy of eithe ryou usermenuprofile.xml from the config directory or you Baschome.xml from the skin directory.

The MediaPortal and Error logs files would also help.

Also notice you are using StreamedMP 1.1.0.0? Current release is 1.2.1.0 did you mean that?

Thanks

mfc90125

August 1, 2010
Home Country
Trevor, thanks for the insights.

Actually, I thought I had installed 1.2.1.0 last night as a means to update, but I guess I didn't. Will try that to see if issues go away.

In the meantime, where exactly can I find the configuration files you mentioned? I looked around the TeamMedia folder but was unsuccessful - am I looking for the exact files you mentioned above?

Also, please attach a link to 1.2.10 - I'm looking on the MP site and all I see available is 1.1, with 1.2 labeled "Under Development."

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Trevor, thanks for the insights.

Actually, I thought I had installed 1.2.1.0 last night as a means to update, but I guess I didn't. Will try that to see if issues go away.

In the meantime, where exactly can I find the configuration files you mentioned? I looked around the TeamMedia folder but was unsuccessful - am I looking for the exact files you mentioned above?

Also, please attach a link to 1.2.10 - I'm looking on the MP site and all I see available is 1.1, with 1.2 labeled "Under Development."

The easy way to get the config file directory is by running MP configuration, in the top left of this windows you will see 'User Config Files' , clicking this will open a window to the config file directory. This is also a drop down list so you access Thumbs, Log, database and Skin directorys by click on the down arrow.

The latest StreamedMP can be found here

Downloads - streamedmp - Project Hosting on Google Code

Cheers

mfc90125

August 1, 2010
Home Country
Thanks - looks like I had 1.2 already. Started the download and it went right to the "Hety idiot, you already have this one installed" message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom