Music playback stops after awhile (1 Viewer)

psyko-lefse

Portal Member
July 24, 2007
Hi

Having a rather annoying problem with Mediaportal 1 RC2. When I play music the playback stops after a while (around 20 min), and won't start again until I restart MP. I can still play video and use the other functions in MP, but the music function just stops :confused:

Any clue to what my problem is?

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Unearthing a dead thread but I have the same issue now with 1.0 and the last SVN build before 1.01. I think I have noticed this in an RC of 1.0 as well. I hit play on an album in shares view and the tracks commence playback. Part way through the second or third track it stops mid stream, both the audio and the displayed position in the track. If I attempt to play the track again or in fact ANY track I get a popup along the lines of "Cannot play file type" and it lists the codec, ie., MP3. Even going back to the menu and then re-entering My Music will not solve the problem, you need to restart MP.

Have no logs at this point, do you need these to diagnose or is there something else I can try? I use StreamedMP latest install.

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
It was a dead thread because the OP didn't fill in system specs and logs. Always fill in current system specs in your control panel and use the logs collector from the start menu. Makes it easier for people to make suggestions.

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Understood. Settings filled out in control panel and replicated the issue. Logs attached.

Note: Music is streamed from another computer (Mac) via mapped drive on this HTPC (XP SP3). Have no issues if I make a playlist in MediaPlayer Classic and play the tracks.

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
I haven't a clue as to what goes wrong, but you could set the internal directshow player instead of bass for playback in MP configuration and see if it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom