Music Player (1 Viewer)

smallishzulu

Portal Pro
December 25, 2006
Istanbul
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Hi all,

All svn revisions after 14603 can not play Internet Streams with Bass Player. It gives "Unable to handle" error.

If you replace the Core.dll included in SVN Rev. 14603 with the newer ones in SVN builds, it works again.

I think this is a problem with Music Player.

I found the problem while using wwiTV plugin and trying to watch IP cams.

You can test the error trying to play this link: mms://ibb-media.ibb.gov.tr/Alibeykoy with g_Player.

Thank you.

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    If i understand , and after i looked into related code , you are saying that mms streams can only be played after 14603:
    "If you replace the Core.dll included in SVN Rev. 14603 with the newer ones in SVN builds, it works again."
    , but said the invert :"All svn revisions after 14603 can not play Internet Streams with Bass Player"

Looking at the code , hwarmann added this feature in rev 14608, so that's sounds logical to me that it didn't work before .
    Please comfirm what you were meaning.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    smallishzulu,

i found the problem.
    the mms stream contains video and by mistake g_player thinks it is an audio stream.
    need to define come sort of indicator that the stream is a radio stream and use bass only in this case.

i have limited time today and will not be back until Wednesday.
    so if you don't find anythig related in the changelog, please use the Internal Dshow player as Music Player in the meantime and your mme stream will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom