Music Search Plugin (1 Viewer)

CAPTAIN_CESSNA

Portal Member
March 7, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,

Setting up my fresh install of MePo, now using 1.4. My oh my, I didn't realise just how much work went into it the last time around!

I'm using Titan at the minute, and before I switched to MePo a year or two ago I posted a question regarding a music search plugin over on AVForums.

Basically I was able to find a plugin that allowed searching through my music library in a fashion very similar to that of WMC, i.e. start typing and results are automatically loaded as you type, with all fields searched.

I've just tried Global Search thinking it was the same plugin, but it doesn't appear to be and I can't find another one.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Oh and one more thing. I've got a functioning music database and fanart handler installed/enabled, as well as the bundled MusicInfoHandler and for some reason no scraping is happening for either artist/album info or fanart. Any ideas?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, Global search does exactly what I want when searching my music database.
    As you can set filters in the GUI, it should work for all circumstances you´d like ;)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Pretty sure it was global music search plugin
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/global-music-search-v1-8-0-2013-05-12.24057/

I think it works with MP1.4

Re: music album details etc.
    The allmusic scraper than was bundled inside MP stopped working because allmusic changed their website/api. There is a new version that you can try. As well as an alternative scraper that uses some other sites (Author = JamesonUK).

Re: music fanart
    Music fanart handler has some intermittent issues relating to htbackdrops.com / htbackdrops.org being up and down lately. But hopefully that should come right

CAPTAIN_CESSNA

Portal Member
    March 7, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Pretty sure it was global music search plugin
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/global-music-search-v1-8-0-2013-05-12.24057/

I think it works with MP1.4

Re: music album details etc.
    The allmusic scraper than was bundled inside MP stopped working because allmusic changed their website/api. There is a new version that you can try. As well as an alternative scraper that uses some other sites (Author = JamesonUK).

Re: music fanart
    Music fanart handler has some intermittent issues relating to htbackdrops.com / htbackdrops.org being up and down lately. But hopefully that should come right

I haven't been able to make that one search as I type, in all fields at once. I'll have a bit more of a play tonight.

Explains a lot with the music fanart I'll leave that and hope it starts working again. I've not heard about the 'allmusic scraper', what's this? I thought MusicInfoHandler did the music info. How do I get this working in 1.4?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    This is one of the greatest, most essential plugins for MP, IMHO.
    I would second the motion expressed earlier in this thread to include it in MP's default plugins if only because of its great utility.
    However, if another reason is needed, perhaps this "feature request" would provide one:
    I often find it a bit awkward to navigate the search results list, and would welcome a bit more flexibility in its display.
    Specifically, I would like to have the following:
    1. When searching b more than one field (e.g. album, track and artist), it would help to have the results grouped according to the type of hit. As it is now, the list can include track title hits followed by artist name hits, followed by more track title hits, followed by album name hits, etc.
    2. It would be nice to have some control over how the results are displayed, analog to Music Views and Music Track Format Masks. For example, I am usually searching in track titles ("songname" in the search UI) and would then prefer to see the results displayed as <title> - <artist>, instead of <artist> - <title>.
    Both of these features might be facilitated by leveraging the existing Music Views, which presumably would be easier than trying to create such a mechanism in the plugin. I can imagine a few possible ways of doing this (but there are probably others):
    1. If multiple fields are selected to search, group first by field found. In each group, then use the Music View (and corresponding Music Track Format Masks) already defined by the user for the related normal Music Views in MP Configuration (e.g. "Albums" view for album search, "Songs" view for track title search, etc.)
    2. Designate reserved names for Music Views (and optionally Music Track Format Masks) to be used for displaying Search Music results (perhaps again by field found). These would then be defined as before in the Music section of MP Configuration.
    3. Make a new instance of the Music Views dialog (and optionally also the Music Track Format Masks dialog) within the Search Music plugin configuration, specifically to define search results views.
    Thanks again to the development team (and skinners) for this great plugin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom