Music thumbs not showing in Basic Home + possible fix (1 Viewer)

claimui

Portal Member
August 25, 2010
When I play a music file and go to the home screen, the artist/album thumbnails have not been showing up in the overlay in the lower right corner. I just get an empty black square where the thumbnail should be. (I can still click the empty square to jump to the Now Playing screen.)

I opened up common.overlay.basichome.xml and I found this:
Code:
    <control>
      <description>music logo</description>
      <type>image</type>
      <id>7220</id>
      <posX>783</posX>
      <posY>558</posY>
      <width>114</width>
      <height>114</height>
      <keepaspectratio>no</keepaspectratio>
      <centered>yes</centered>
      <zoom>yes</zoom>
      <texture>C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\thumbs\Music\Artists\#Play.Current.ArtistL.jpg</texture>
      <visible>player.hasmedia+control.isvisible(3337)+![window.istopmost(0)|window.istopmost(34)]+string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb,)+!control.isvisible(6767)+!control.isvisible(1209)</visible>
    </control>
    <control>
      <description>music logo</description>
      <type>image</type>
      <id>7230</id>
      <posX>783</posX>
      <posY>558</posY>
      <width>114</width>
      <height>114</height>
      <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
      <centered>yes</centered>
      <zoom>no</zoom>
      <texture>#Play.Current.Thumb</texture>
      <visible>player.hasmedia+control.isvisible(3337)+![window.istopmost(0)|window.istopmost(34)]+!string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb,)+!control.isvisible(6767)+!control.isvisible(1209)</visible>
    </control>
The visible conditions for these two controls don't seem right to me. Each of them has a reference to string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb,). But the first control (artist thumbnail) is visible when string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb,) is true, i.e. show the artist thumbnail when there is already a current thumbnail. And the second control (current thumbnail) is visible when string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb,) is false, i.e. show the current thumbnail when there is *no* current thumbnail!

I switched the two visible conditions around -- artist thumbnail is visible when !string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb,), and current thumbnail is visible when string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb,). Now it seems to work properly. Can somebody confirm that this is the way it should be? I don't know if this is a bug in the default skin files or if the config programs messed this up somehow.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There should be another which rotates the image, a multi-image control. Those two controls from memory just display static image depending whats available.

What BasicHome Style are you using and what version of the skin?

claimui

Portal Member
    August 25, 2010
    After looking at it further, the problem seems to occur when a track does not have an album thumbnail but it does have an artist thumbnail.

If the album thumb and artist thumb are both present, then the animation control works properly. It displays the album thumb first, then cycles to the artist thumb.

If there is no album thumb (possibly because the track does not have an "Album" tag in the ID3), then there is a blank box where the thumb should be. The artist thumb is never displayed.

When I switch around the visible conditions, I can get the artist thumb to display for tracks with no album thumb. For tracks with both artist and album, the animation control cycles between the two properly.

I am using BasicHome with the vertical menu, and StreamedMP 1.3.0.1827. I've noticed missing thumbs in at least the last two or three versions, but didn't bother tracking it down until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom