Music videos and trailers (1 Viewer)

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I want to make a suggestion to improve the my trailer and my music videos plug-ins. The Internet connection I have at home is a very fast one so normally and on normal sites I do not have a problem when viewing videos or other media stuff. When I watch a trailer with the normal browser I do not have any hick ups or stuttering. Now here is the problem, when I want to watch a music video or a trailer using MP It is practically unwatchable, the sounds plays normally most of the time but the video hangs and has to load every 5 sec or so.

Isn't there a solution to this problem? I mean like buffering the video before starting to play it. I think it is better to wait half a minute or so and then start the video so it will play without any hick ups or having to stop to load more content. You could have a screen that displays some text to tell the user the video is loading while he/she is waiting, something like "Please wait while the video is loading"

Many thanks, MP rocks!

THDBASED

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Weird, I think not many people use these plug-ins, I can not believe I am the only one having this problem...

kiesow

Portal Pro
March 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have this problem sometimes also. But not often enough to look for a solution.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
mmm...strange I have one of the fastest Internet connections available in Belgium and I have this problem almost every time, some are very bad some are a little bit better but still unwatchable...

Anyone else here a frequent user of these plug-ins (my trailers & my music videos) and also having these kind of problems?

Maybe one of the devs could also comment on this and maybe discuss a possible solution (shouldn't be that hard).

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I never noticed anything wrong with "My Trailers" but I do with "My Music Video" which has some stuttering but it's still watchable here.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
If I understand what you are saying correctly I agree with you! There should be an option like that!

Yorotor

Portal Member
August 9, 2007
Did any of you find a solution to this problem ?

I have the same problem, the video hangs a lot !
But my internet connection is supposed to be very fast (28 Mb).

I really love this plugin, and I would like to see it functionning normally

Thanks...

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Nope there is still no solution for this problem, there should some buffering before starting to play a trailer. I contacted the author of the "My trailer" plugin to get some help but there was no response.

I too can't believe that we are the only ones having this problem...because I too have a really fast connection at home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom