music videos plugin and .vob files (1 Viewer)

chumblespuzz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2009
    In Hell (I'm Married!)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does anyone here use and .vob files for any of your music vids?

Almost half my collection is straight from dvd .vob rips...about 300 files. But, it does not recognize them.

...ok as I was typing this I decided to go back to the HTPC and give it one more shot.

In the file extension options I had originally added .vob (lowercase) and this is what was not working.
    I decided to make it .VOB (using capitals) and it now recognizes all of my files. Does not really make sense to me but, hey, it worked!!!

HOWEVER, all of the .vobs are in the menu to play...and it obviously can read them as it has made image captures from the files. But, they do not play...they pretty much lock up the computer. Pressing F2 is the only thing that can get me out of it.

I also notice a few mpegs I have that play fine from windows in multiple players like MPC, VLC plaer etc., that are not working right in MP. The few I noticed are mpeg files. The audio plays but I get no video.

Any thoughts here?

Oh, BTW: these are not full dvd rips in a video_ts folder or anything like that....each .vob file is its own video.

siege

Portal Member
    January 18, 2009
    VOB lockup

Hey there,

I have the exact same problem as you, adding .VOB into the extension list allows mVids plugin to recognize the files but MP just hangs when I try to play them under mVids plugin or MyVideos.

Have you found a solution to this yet?

Thanks

chumblespuzz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2009
    In Hell (I'm Married!)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Actually, I did. I simply changed them to .mpg files.
    This can be done quite easily by just renaming them since a .vob file is essentially already an .mpg.
    You can do this one at a time with windows explorer or like in my case I had 100's of these so that would have taken forever. I used a program called 'Better File Rename' to just change the file extensions on all of the files....took literally less than 1 minute to do them all. You can find the program here:
    Better File Rename for Windows: The Batch File Renamer
    Excellent program with many other uses.

Hope this helped!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom