Music vs Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

WooPes

Portal Member
September 10, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey!

Is there a moving picture plugin to music? just like the plugin to movies and series, so you get info and covers to you'r music automatic to?

Woopes

gingertom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Yes it will get the covers and such, but if you meant getting the extra details of group members, covers realease date, albums also released, then though there was alot of talk some time back about having the music section expanded to include details of the group/singer, albums recorded and such forth, nothing came of it. I can remember that it was diccussed that if further functionality was required, then someone would have to write a plugin, as mediaportal would require a large rewrite to add it to the current music player setup.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If in music and calling context menu, there is an entry to look up information about artist/album. There you get all infos about the current artist, his discography etc. Please note: this infos vary depending on the selected view.

WooPes

Portal Member
    September 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    How do i get the cover then? is there a plugin or is ist just the hard way? really looking for a fully including plugin to the music part - but a plugin to assign covers would be very nice!

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    update your database in mpconfig/music/music database to get your music info. (before that you have to check the right path)
    then in mp choose a view like "album" which shows your covers.
    to get even more info and artists-pictures you can use the audioscrobbler plugin.

for corresponding backgrounds you need to choose a skin which allows fanart in music. as for instance streamed mp.

WooPes

Portal Member
    September 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hmm.. i am using itues to handle my music normally.. hmm guess my settings is wrong in MP then i can not find any covers.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    To get artist/album covers, use the audioscrobbler-plugin. You do need a Last.fm account for that (free is fine).

- Scan your collection
    - Get covers via audioscrobbler
    - Rescan collection

HTH :)

Users who are viewing this thread