musicdatabase error? (1 Viewer)

spraycleaner

Portal Member
December 25, 2004
Hi there!

I have a bounch of mp3 files... when I go into the directory many of the tracks are just called "unknown - unknown" but there is MP3-TAG available + it doesn´t matter what I choice MP to do, show filenames etc.. it does NOT work, it simply tells me "unknow..." all the time!

I have found out by deleting the musicdatabase file in the MP's database directory it simply HAVE TO RE-READ the directory resulting in just showing me the filenames which I am satisfied with, especially when MP othervise tells me NO INFO or UNKNOWN ....

But its guit stupid deleting that database file everytime I start MP - and I do not think this is right deleting this file at all whats wrong with MP or my MP3 files?

nmw

Portal Member
August 30, 2006
Do the tags contain special characters (umlaut, accents) etc? I get the same problem with tags like this.

The new music tag reader which is under trial works for me. I've just downloaded it and tested it with my entire collection. It catalogued every track correctly. So I just need to wait for it to appear in a future MP release.

See this thread for details of the new tag reader:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=9221

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom