MusicPlayer crashes with Winamp DSP (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    [MediaPortal RC3 SVN Revision 20602]
    [2GB RAM]
    [Other details in sig]

MusicPlayer using BASS crashes after several seconds of playback with the attached Winamp DSP plugin. This is the first time I've tried using a Winamp DSP plugin in MP.

I've been using this plugin in Winamp and another media player for a couple of years with no problems, so it cannot be the dsp plugin at fault.

It crashes randomly within 60 seconds of playback. The only log that has any mention of a problem is the Windows application event log (attached).

Using MP Config with the Test facility, I can play the same mp3 files perfectly with no crashes, with the same dsp plugin selected. So it appears to be a MP problem.

I would be very disappointed if I cannot use this plugin with MP.

Thanks,
    Ross.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is something strange occuring as I also have it working fine now after loading MP Config and doing very little and saving the config. It then worked fine. I later went back into the config to change a setting in the DSP, and then the problem occured again consistently, until I went back in to config and saved changes again, and now it's good again.

Perhaps it is some issue with the plugin. I did have MP Config crash as well while testing a track. But nevermind, it's working now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom