must run mp config to update watched folders?

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by citizenkeys, June 15, 2009.

1. citizenkeys

citizenkeys Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    when i add new movies to watched folders, do i need to run mediaportal config to update 'moving pictures' with the movie info ?

i ask because running mediaportal config requires me to leave mediaportal, which is not cool.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fforde

fforde Community Plugin Dev

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,696 / 0
    Home Country:
    The importer is always running in the background when in MediaPortal. So if a new movie is added to a watch folder it will automatically be imported and if it is auto approved it will be added to the GUI real time. If a movie is not auto approved then yes, you have to exit and go into the config. We are planning on adding an approval interface in the GUI, but this will not be implemented until version 0.9 or 1.0. If you star the issue on Google Code you will receive email updates about status changes and progress made on the issue.

4. Toga

Toga Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good News fforde.
    This is pretty much my only gripe with Moving Pictures. Just knowing it's on the list for implimentation is good news.

5. citizenkeys

citizenkeys Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    i've removed any links in the skin to the settings. settings in the gui seem like just clutter.

i run a dual display on laptop with mediaportal full-screen on the secondary display and the laptop's builtin screen is used for the technical stuff. if there were a way to run mediaportal and mediaportal config simultaneously, that'd be preferred. i say keep the settings out of the gui entirely.

my problem seems to be that i didn't have auto-approval set.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!