must run mp config to update watched folders? (1 Viewer)

citizenkeys

Portal Pro
May 17, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
when i add new movies to watched folders, do i need to run mediaportal config to update 'moving pictures' with the movie info ?

i ask because running mediaportal config requires me to leave mediaportal, which is not cool.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
The importer is always running in the background when in MediaPortal. So if a new movie is added to a watch folder it will automatically be imported and if it is auto approved it will be added to the GUI real time. If a movie is not auto approved then yes, you have to exit and go into the config. We are planning on adding an approval interface in the GUI, but this will not be implemented until version 0.9 or 1.0. If you star the issue on Google Code you will receive email updates about status changes and progress made on the issue.

Toga

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Good News fforde.
This is pretty much my only gripe with Moving Pictures. Just knowing it's on the list for implimentation is good news.

citizenkeys

Portal Pro
May 17, 2009
Home Country
i've removed any links in the skin to the settings. settings in the gui seem like just clutter.

i run a dual display on laptop with mediaportal full-screen on the secondary display and the laptop's builtin screen is used for the technical stuff. if there were a way to run mediaportal and mediaportal config simultaneously, that'd be preferred. i say keep the settings out of the gui entirely.

my problem seems to be that i didn't have auto-approval set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom