mVids - Music Video Database (1 Viewer)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Download 0.2 -> MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - mVids - Music Video Database

mVids allows you to have an easy, categorized interface for your Music Videos. The plugin will scan specified directories for music videos and automatically lookup the artist information, grab an artist image, and grab a frame from the video. It will then categorize them based on Artist, Tag, and Order Added. It also keeps track of playcounts and ratings - giving you quick access to your "Top 100".

All information comes from last.fm.

Installing:

mVids.dll <- Place this file in your Plugins\Windows folder
MediaInfo.dll <- If you don't already have this in your Plugins\Windows folder, place it there
ffmpeg.exe <- This can be placed anywhere, just make sure you remember where you put it as you'll need to specify it's location during the initial configuration.

Installing:

Displayed Name <- Enter the name you want shown in MediaPortal's menu
ffmpeg Path <- Path to ffmpeg.exe
Thumb Time <- Number of seconds into the video you want the thumbnail taken (you can do this per-video in the Database Manager)
Video Path <- Root folder containing your music videos
Auto Queue Entire Folder <- When selecting a video, this will cause the plugin to automatically play the next video sequentially every time.
Mosaic Size <- This is used to specify the maximum size of each artist thumbnail in the generated mosaic for Tag view. Increasing these numbers will mean larger and fewer thumbnails, but faster generation. Lowering them will do the opposite.

How it Works:

All videos are assumed be named artist-song unless specified otherwise in the folder mask system. It's fine for additional information to be after the title (such as artist-title-xvid-2000.avi, for example), as this will be discarded. One thing that will throw off scanning is an artist with a dash in their name. These will be quickly learned by the plugin, though, and you'll only have to pick the correct answer one time. Every time you choose a match, the raw name is saved in the database along with it's matching artist. This means that as time goes on you'll have to pick the artist less and less.

The plugin does monitor the directory for any changes. That includes deleting, adding, and renaming any file with an extension specified in MediaPortal's video section.

You can change the artist image and video thumbs by right clicking on them in the database manager.

Also, to any skinners that are planning to skin. I can send you a zipped folder structure with a demo database in case you don't have hundreds of music videos lying around. That way you can skin without worrying about setting it up. Just let me know.

Attached below is a small document detailing the available skinning fields. This plugin using MediaPortal's PropertyManager just like TV-Series or Moving Pictures.

Attachments

• monochrome-most_recent.png
    monochrome-most_recent.png
    505.1 KB
  • aeon-artist.jpg
    aeon-artist.jpg
    118.5 KB
  • aeon-genre.jpg
    aeon-genre.jpg
    147.9 KB
  • aeon-top100.jpg
    aeon-top100.jpg
    132.9 KB
  • mvids_skinning_fields.txt
    30.7 KB

djphatic

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I would be willing to give it a go for you. Have about 150 music videos on my HDD at the moment.

Currently using monochrome skin.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Thanks everyone who contacted me/posted, I'll be sending you the info tonight.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
I will volunteer

I would love a plugin like this.
I have only a few videos becuase I have no way to catalog, this would certainly help there..I an in

ravin2

May 24, 2008
Hey!! I got over 700 music videos! send it to me :) right now with Shares view, it takes ages to list videos in mediaportal.

lexus

Portal Member
June 21, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If you need an other tester you could send it to me.
I have about 800 vids and a couple of life sets.
I use Xface as skin.

GagReflex

Portal Pro
October 10, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
When you're ready for more testers, let me know!. I've got around 300 vids and I've been wanting a program similar to TVSeries for Music vids..

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Don't think I've reached 100 yet, but there is a reason for it :) Will be happy to test it,...

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    Thanks for the comments - good to know there is some interest. I've still got to get it out to the first couple of people, just trying to take care of the bugs I already know about. I can't have 10 people sending me the same bug reports, but I'm off work for the next week so I should be able to release it publicly at some point between now and next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom