My Alarm (1 Viewer)

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Could you also make the MyAlarm text that appears on the Home screen translatable?

You have to return the localised string in the GetHome function in the class that implements the ISetupform interface.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Mr.Mitchell said:
    Could you also make the MyAlarm text that appears on the Home screen translatable?

You have to return the localised string in the GetHome function in the class that implements the ISetupform interface.

I will do that.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    devo,

You are using ID 17 for the Snooze button.
    This will mean that you won't be able to go to the topbar in MetalMedia, Crystal and the future MCE with the cursor keys.

Please take a different ID.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    devo,

Also please. please, please respect the current usage of skins labels.

For the image we wanna show on home we use the Hover_plugin name.png.
    This means for your plugin it should be hover_my alarm.png.
    but you r using alarm_clock.png...

Not only is this not following the skin naming, but it also limits skinner to use an alarmclock. What If I wanna use a bell ? sure I can use it and just name it differently, but that makes no sence at all.

So, please.... mind the skins... Lets keep them clean ok?

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    MrMario64 said:
    devo,

You are using ID 17 for the Snooze button.
    This will mean that you won't be able to go to the topbar in MetalMedia, Crystal and the future MCE with the cursor keys.

Please take a different ID.

I will change this. I didn't know that there were id's that were reserved for such things.

Also please. please, please respect the current usage of skins labels.

For the image we wanna show on home we use the Hover_plugin name.png.
    This means for your plugin it should be hover_my alarm.png.
    but you r using alarm_clock.png...

Not only is this not following the skin naming, but it also limits skinner to use an alarmclock. What If I wanna use a bell ? sure I can use it and just name it differently, but that makes no sence at all.

So, please.... mind the skins... Lets keep them clean ok?

Sorry about that. I will change this also. I didn't notice the naming convention.

A

Anonymous

Devo

Is there any chance you could please have a look at this thread over here and tell us what you think:

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8506#8506

Can this be done easily in your opinion? Is there a way to script actions like this when the myAlarm plugin or scheduled recordings are made? Don't want to create loads of extra work if there is already development on this. Just thought it might be relatively straight-forward.

(Sorry for jumping off topic, think your plugin looks great)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    forbes said:
    Devo

Is there any chance you could please have a look at this thread over here and tell us what you think:

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8506#8506

Can this be done easily in your opinion? Is there a way to script actions like this when the myAlarm plugin or scheduled recordings are made? Don't want to create loads of extra work if there is already development on this. Just thought it might be relatively straight-forward.

(Sorry for jumping off topic, think your plugin looks great)

I wouldn't say easily but possible using the win32 api. Doing a google search revealed some suggestions to use the CreateWaitableTimer api.

That other thread contains a link as well i didn't see till now.

Someone just needs to write the code :)

A good way would be another plugin. In the alarm plugin I could just raise an event when an alarm is created ....the new wakeup plugin could use this event to set up a wakeup time. ...one way to do it. Then create an event in the schedule recording area as well ....minimizes impact to both plugins while not repeating code for the wakeup functionality.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply,

yeh this seems like a good approach. Let's just hope there is a sufficiently enthused developer out there that can help. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom