Ongoing My Dell 530 Project couple Probs (1 Viewer)

Scarpad

Portal Member
October 9, 2006
I've been doing some reading here and on the AVSforum. Trying to get some answers to a couple of issues.

I hooked up my HTPC tonight via HDMI thru a Onkyo TX-606 Receiver into my Sony Bravia 46" LCP Panel.

The vid card I am using is a HD4550 with the 9.4 version of the catylst drivers.

The PC came right up, I was able to set it to 1080 from within the control panel where it detects the onkyo.
The Problem is the image does not fill the display. Now My only other HTPC Experience was hooking an older PC up to an
Optoma Projector via VGA a totally different animal. Am I going to have to use Powerstrip or something of it's ilk to get the image to
display properly? I Could find no other settings in the Catylst area.

Also the other little issue is with HDMI Audio. I am getting audio via the HDMI. For most sources it says PCM HDMI Multichannel.
For other files I get a little red DD light and it seems I'm sending 5.1 as I can hear the rears and sub. This is using Gomencoder. However my Blu ray playback via Total Media Theater from Arcsoft does not seem to be sending even 5.1 Is there somewhere I have to enable HDMI Audio passthru I could not find it.

I'm sure I am going to have some questions on tweaking the system to yield the best possible image, right now it its good but I've seen better via WD TV or my Apple TV. Sorry if I'm asking some basic stuff, trying to absorb as much as possible.

IkeV70

Portal Pro
April 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The Problem is the image does not fill the display.

There's a setting in the Ati Catalyst Control Center that controls the display size. It's a horizontal slider which you can slide between -30% and 0%. Default setting is -15%. You have to slide it all the way to the right to 0% to fill up your LCD entirely.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Problem is the image does not fill the display.

There's a setting in the Ati Catalyst Control Center that controls the display size. It's a horizontal slider which you can slide between -30% and 0%. Default setting is -15%. You have to slide it all the way to the right to 0% to fill up your LCD entirely.

called scaling

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom