my dvd's/video files skip (1 Viewer)

stryker

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
leysayer, you only reported freezes once you had your "special" svn upgrade. If I were you I'd uninstall that, then re-install the stable version and then see if unpluging your wireless keyb/mouse thingy does the trick.

leesayer

Portal Member
January 8, 2007
belive me ive tried every think to stop this freezing. ive used xp home, xp pro, vista, however i have found that the skipping has stopped so theres 1 down. ive been trying diffrent things all weekend and have found that dvds in the cd drive seem to work fine now (they never crashed just skipped) it dvds ripped to my hd that are crashing (this is on 3 computers) could someone emulate what i am doing and help me?.

firstly i rippedall my dvd's to my hd using dvd shrink.
then i add the folder where they are stored to mp video folders.
launch mp go into my ripped dvd dir and cplay the film i want.
film starts fine gets to the menu i play it - no problems.
any time within that film it will crash.
all the screen locks and i carnt even ctr,alt del, so i have to switch comp off.

hope you can help

lee

attached are my latest logs. im using 0.2.2.0 no svn

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't know what to tell you. I have done the same thing to some of my DVD's (ripped to HDD using DVD Shrink) without any problems.

Hmm... In your attached logfile it looks like the DVD stops playing at 18:31. The message in the log is GUIVideoFullscreen:stop. The funny thing is that this message is only printed in the log when the ACTION_STOP command is issued. This command is issued by default when someone hits B on the keyboard, but shouldn't really be issued in other cases, unless you are using some plugin.

I must say, yours is a tricky case... Anyone else have any ideas?

Regards
    DalaNorth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom