My Ebooks (1 Viewer)

Vergo

Portal Pro
August 30, 2005
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
not sure if this has been requested in the past, so if it was.. ignore ;)
Didn't find anything so far :(

I'd REALLY like a section My Ebooks because i have a lot of them & I'd like to read them through Mediaportal :)
Basically you would just have to find a way to show PDF files, further expansions can be realised afterwards

Also maybe a secion for audio-books ;)

Just my thoughts

Greetz

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you are just looking for starting PDF Files, use the my Programes plugin.

Specify your eBook Folder as the starting point, acroread.exe as executing program and .pdf as the extension and you should be ready to go.

btw.: I guess you have a nice LCD, since reading on anything else would not be a good solution would it?

Vergo

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2005
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Jep, i'm working on an 17" LCD display which i'm using on my room as mediacenter. I have a big couch to relax in & i want to read books in it :p..
    E-books that is

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    mbuzina said:
    If you are just looking for starting PDF Files, use the my Programes plugin.

Specify your eBook Folder as the starting point, acroread.exe as executing program and .pdf as the extension and you should be ready to go.

Check "Use shell execution" or something similar, then you do not have to specify the .exe file.
    Click the questionmark right of the foldername and .pdf will pop up automagically in the extensions-list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I discovered that my other two Mediaportal Client PCs running Windows 10 would no longer work. I now have them both working and as I could not find any discussions on similar problems, I thought I would just post my...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    Replies
    Views
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    I have been a relatively happy user of MP1 for quite a while. My setup is a dedicated HTPC connected to my TV, a TV capture device...
    Replies
    Views
    Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I wanted to watch something on UK Channel 4+1 I found that the channel had moved. Actually, loads of channels had moved. So I did a rescan on both my tuners but found that pretty much none of the channels...
    Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I...
    Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    Previous posts not related to this thread have been moved here
    Previous posts not related to this thread have been moved here
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom