My Emulators 0.3.3 (9/4/21) (3 Viewers)

al.einstein

Portal Pro
June 21, 2009
hi to all,

i´m a little frustrated right now because i´ve tried to get some Mame-Games running on MyEmulators 2, but quite a few things seem not to work with my Mediaportal 1.5.0: There ist a Entry in the "Emulators"-Tab which can´t be erased and its "Profile"-Tab-Options a completely greyed out. Is it intended to behave like that?

The "Importer" doesen´t work as well: it can´t find the correct entrys (automated search results in empty dropdown-boxes) , even if the game-titles are copied and pasted from "thegamesdb.net" into the "manual search"-Dialog. In that case only similarly looking Windows(!)-Games are shown. This might have something to do with "Platform"-Menu in the "emulator-details"-tab which changes autonomus form "Arcade" to "Windows".

Maybe the best i can do is try again with a nice,clean installation of the plugin. Can it be removed completely (including database-entrys) so i could start over with default settings?

Cheers

al

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You need to create a new emulator entry for the MAME games, it sounds like you are trying to use the PC Games entry. Click the green plus sign on the emulators tab and follow the wizard, selecting Arcade as the platform. Profiles should then be enabled and the importer will match against the Arcade platform for games under that emulator, the next version will handle mame naming better but for now you will probably find that you need to use the manual search as the file names can be a bit cryptic.

al.einstein

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2009
    Thanks, works much better that way :).

There are some games which can´t be found automatically......no Problem: i added them as blank games and edited their infos manually, but how can Thumbs be added?

Cheers

al

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You can drag and drop image files onto the image panels either from the thumb downloader (button at top right next to the binoculars on the games tab), windows explorer or directly from web pages on most browsers.

al.einstein

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2009
    Hey Brownard,

first of all: thank you for your help (y)!

I´ve tried to "import" thumbs the way you explained, but drag´n´drop doesn´t work out of windows explorer nor browser (IE 10, in my case). A Prohibition sign is showed when i hover over the Panels in game tab. Drag´n´drop out of the thumb downloader does work but it delivers no matching hits (for games like King of Fighters ´98 for example). The only way i managed to assign thumbs to a game is to copy the thumbs manually into the correct directory (by right-clicking a Panel and choosing "browse in Explorer") an rename it to "BoxFront","BoxBack","Fanart" and so on.

What am i doing wrong?

cheers

al

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys, better late than never - so here are the necessary files for PureVisionHD 1080 :p

11-03-01.jpg 11-37-42.jpg 11-37-46.jpg 11-37-49.jpg

Just drop the content of this ZIP into your PureVisionHD 1080 folder and enjoy Emulators 2 with PureVisionHD 1080 :p

Attachments

• Emulators 2 for PureVisionHD 1080.zip
      681 KB

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Can I set a standard path for artwork (front, back, ingame, screen, aso.) and specify one video-path per emulator? With so many roms that are otherwise infinite amount of work. I have an acount at emumovies and would like to integrate this into all myemulator 2.
    All Files have the same names and the path looks something like this:
    Code:
    F:\EmuMovies\MAME\Video_MP4_HI_QUAL\
      pbillian.mp4
      pbillrd.mp4

F:\EmuMovies\MAME\Background\
      1941.jpg
      daytona.jpg

Is the video playback only supported in StreamedMP skin or are there other skins?

Best wishes for 2014!

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Brownard

Any news on the new version with working Mobygames scraper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom