My Emulators: MediaPortal2 version (2 Viewers)

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for picking up this project!

My Emulators is a key plugin for me and was reason for me to switch to XBMC while this plugin was broken. Fortunately I was able to return to MediaPortal some time ago and I am now keenly following the fantastic progress being made on MediaPortal2. It is coming along nicely and pretty much the only reason keeping me from switching to MP2 is the fact that there is no Emulator plugin available.

Are there any plans to convert My Emulators to MP2 in the near future?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's on my todo list, I've already separated out the backend so it can be reused for MP2 and got a very basic test plugin working but it's a very long way off being ready.

rkooten

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sounds great, including the seperation between backend and frontend. Big fan of modularity here!

I shall patiently follow your progress! :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any update for the MP2 transformation of MyEmulators 2? I'd also appreciate to use it within MP2 very much :)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any update for the MP2 transformation of MyEmulators 2? I'd also appreciate to use it within MP2 very much :)
    Not much progress I'm afraid. Now I'm a bit more familiar with MP2 I might be able to make some more progress but as always need the time/motivation.

I'm aware that an update for the plugin in general is long overdue and I do continue to tinker with it, just need to force myself into pulling it all together :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not much progress I'm afraid. Now I'm a bit more familiar with MP2 I might be able to make some more progress but as always need the time/motivation.

I'm aware that an update for the plugin in general is long overdue and I do continue to tinker with it, just need to force myself into pulling it all together :)

Yes, I also guessed it's about time and motivation :D
    Regarding time I can not do anything, regarding motivation I can do only a bit.
    You can see that there is huge progress about DX11 implementation and a new skin ApolloOne. Unfortunately there are not many coders available yet. To change that more features like popular plugins are needed for MP2. Your MyEmulators2 plugin could be something (y) Anything else that can increase your motivation? ;)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since I'm also in the boat now for MP2, I might pick up this eventually.
    I already thought to pick up missing features after I have finished my current task.
    And if not ported popular plugins holds back users to use MP2, it can be considered a missing feature I guess.
    But at 1st I need to get an overview what the biggest must haves for MP2 are.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great!
    OT: Can't decide to use "Thank you" or "Great Idea" :D. Not sure this is the most lacked feature of MP2 (for me it is Netflix, Spotify etc.), but would be nice to have a good overview of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom