My Films 5.1 released (19.09.2011) - V5.1.0.1468 (MP 1.2.0) (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    My Films 5.1.0 Released!
    (requires MediaPortal 1.2.0 beta or later)

What is it ?
    My Films is a plugin to support users who already have invested time and energy to develop extensive movie catalogs using movie catalog software. It provides an ‘out of the box’ solution to allow you to begin using your movie catalog in MediaPortal without needing to rescan or re download your data and artwork.
    A new Setup Wizard presets most options for you so you can be using your database in MediaPortal in no time.
    Supported catalogs are Ant Movie Catalog (AMC), DVD Profiler, Eax Movie Catalog, Extreme Movie Manager (XMM), Movie Collector Pro, and My Movies.

... and what it is not:
    My Films is focused on users that want to have control over their movie data and usually use external catalog software for that. If you only wish to scan and add movies to browse and play them in MediaPortal, you should use one of the really excellent plugins designed for exactly that purpose: Moving Pictures or the built in MP Videos. My Films is not intended as a replacement for these plugins.

Features
    My Films is designed to combine the powerful features of movie catalog software with the superb media center features of MediaPortal. It aims to incorporate as many advanced movie catalog features into MediaPortal as possible, such as:

My Films integrates with other plugins such as OnlineVideos for online trailers; BrowseTheWeb for online links to related movie and actor/crew web info; Sub Central for subtitles and Trakt(beta 2) for online lists and recommendations.

For Ant Movie Catalog (AMC) users, new films can be scanned and added using the AMC Updater utility which is now integrated into My Films. Or AMC users can update data by film, by field, or by using the Incomplete Movie Data feature from the My Films GUI. You may discuss, and report issues in the AMC Updater thread.

The new Grabber Scripts and Interface let you customize many aspects such as how many actors, directors, writers, producers are grabbed, actors roles/characters or not, and AKA titles or certification by country/language. You can even choose to map data to the fields you wish. Please discuss or report issues related to the grabbers, or post modified or new grabbers in the MyFilms 5 - Grabber Scripts/Interface thread.

History
    My Films was started by Zebons many years ago. The new version 5 is a package of former separate projects: My Films plugin itself, AMCupdater for media import / update and the grabber interface for grabber scripts. Thanks to Zebons, Orion Hall, Titof and all who contributed !

The current version was initially intended only as a private mod – but due to the fact Zebons stopped working on the plugin, we finally decided to make a public release – thus continuing the availability and improvement of this plugin - and here it is.

Skin Support
    Default skin files are provided for both 16x9 and 4x3 screen sizes.
    Current supported skins for My Films 5:

My Films 5 will not work with V4.x skin files. As My Films 5 just became available, please be patient with skinners as there have been a few recent skin changesfor this release, so all features may not be fully supported yet.

Links

Download
    Current version: V5.1.0.1468
    My Films requires MediaPortal V1.2 beta - V1.2 final recommended.
    Please, refer to the installation instruction in the Wiki.

Changelog
    Latest changelogs can be found here. Please read our extensive My Films Wiki to learn all about them.

Bug reports & Feature requests
    Please, refer to the guidelines: Support - MediaPortal Wiki.
    Before reporting any bugs, check out the wiki, FAQ and the forum - and check, if it is not already present on issue tracker.
    Make sure, all necessary information is included in your report - remember, that MyFilms supports many very different use cases and it is impossible to get support without that info.
    If you update an existing installation, it is always recommended to make a backup of your data.

Join the My Films Team
    We have many ideas for more great enhancements to the My Films plugin, some already in development. However, in the past, three developers (Zebons, Orion Hall and Titof) worked on this plugin. Obviously our ability to continue development as quickly as we would like will depend on the assistance and support of the community. If you are able to assist in any way - coding, testing, developing and maintaining grabber scripts, updating or providing new language files, skinning, graphics or even documentation - please send a private message to Guzzi or Dadeo – any help is very much appreciated!

Credits
    Development: Guzzi, Zebons, Orion Hall, Titof
    Testing, Docs, Skinning: Dadeo

We would like to thank the many users who already assisted in testing My Films 5.0.1 beta: AMC/Updater: TLD, z3us, vrm42, Eax: ysMP, alexchini, XMM: Gianlk, My Movies: JACOB B; DVD Profiler: RockJock

Special thanks to:

• Dadeo: Without him, this former private version would never have made it to such a public release!
    • Alessio Vitti at Binary Works for his support and for modifying eXtreme Movie Manager (XMM) export to work even better with My Films.
    • Carlos 'Fiinix' Nabb at Fiinix Design for the use of his Genre (Category) Group View images.

Last edited:

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: MyFilms 5.0.1 beta released - V5.0.1.1155

Hi Guzzi & Dadeo !

Just with like to say Big Thanks for all your work and time on My Films 5... Great Work ....:)

so... :D :D :D

ps- new beta work great with Eaxmc ... :D

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yujuuu. Tomorrow I will install and test it. Thank you for your work
    Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: MyFilms 5.0.1 beta released - V5.0.1.1155 (MP 1.2.0)

Thanks guys! It's really exciting to have a new release of My Films at last! :D My deepest respect, appreciation and gratitude to Guzzi for undertaking such a massive task, and for taking My Films (and MediaPortal) to a whole new level! You have no idea how hard he has worked for the past year to bring us this plugin! For those of you who know me you can imagine the torture I have put him through ;)

Note: I have created new sticky threads for AMC Updater, Grabber Scripts/Interface and Language/strings files so you can discuss or post related issues there - especially updates or new language strings files or grabbers.

I also added a Custom Logos/Artwork thread where you can post custom artwork/images for logos, group views like Categories (Genres), Years, Countries etc.

Last, but not least, I started a thread where you can post your Favorite Features in My Films 5. This will help us promote My Films, as well as help new users understand what My Films can do. So please help us out and add your own favorite features there.
    :D

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Can't wait to have official StreamedMP skin support for MyFilms 5.
    Until then, you can try my quickmade sketch.

Coverflow and details view have this feature: press DOWN to see the (almost) entire fanart.

Check previews.

EDIT
    Updated skin files, missing items added.

Attachments

• coverflow.jpg
      coverflow.jpg
      255.5 KB
    • filmstrip.jpg
      filmstrip.jpg
      174.5 KB
    • listview.jpg
      listview.jpg
      198.9 KB
    • details.jpg
      details.jpg
      184.6 KB
    • fanartview.jpg
      fanartview.jpg
      196.9 KB
    • MF5b_smp_v2.zip
      2.9 MB

bkv

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hello,
    I apologize for the "Google English".
    I'd reported a bug in MyFilms 5.0.1.1155 Beta:
    1. The Ant Secodary Title I select (none)
    2. I want to download movie fanart - I can not

I attach the logs MP MyFilms

:D for the great plugin MyFilms v. 5

Attachments

• Myfilm_config.jpg
      Myfilm_config.jpg
      164.1 KB
    • log_myfilms.zip
      24 KB

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I noticed you have Ant Master Title and Ant sort title set to formatted title. Does that work for you?

My Ant Movie Catalog DB doesn't have a formatted title field only Original title and Translated title fields.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: MyFilms 5.0.1 beta released - V5.0.1.1155 (MP 1.2.0)

Hello,
    I apologize for the "Google English".
    I'd reported a bug in MyFilms 5.0.1.1155 Beta:
    1. The Ant Secodary Title I select (none)
    2. I want to download movie fanart - I can not

I attach the logs MP MyFilms

:D for the great plugin MyFilms v. 5

Hi bkv,

can you please post your MyFilms config file and your movie catalog file?
    I see exceptions in your logs and it is much easier for me to reproduce if I can use those files.

Thanks,

Guzzi

bkv

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: Re: MyFilms 5.0.1 beta released - V5.0.1.1155 (MP 1.2.0)

Hi bkv,

can you please post your MyFilms config file and your movie catalog file?
    I see exceptions in your logs and it is much easier for me to reproduce if I can use those files.

Thanks,

Guzzi

Hi,
    send desired. bkv

Attachments

• MyFilms.zip
      266 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom