My first plugin!! plz help (1 Viewer)

Craig

Portal Member
April 15, 2006
Hey guys, I have started making my first plugin. I am doing a "my movies" type plugin where it gets the info from imdb. I know this functionality is already available, but i want to make it suite my computer setup a bit better and at the same time learn the basics about writing plugins for MP.

Anyhow, I have a few questions.

1. How do I change the size of the items in a thumbnail veiw. I want to set my own custon size, not small/large or whatever?? is it even possible?

2. Can someone direct me to a tutorial of some sort to help me retrieve info from IMDB? if not could someone post a brief discription of the process or give any help or suggestions?

3. How do i play a video file? once I click or push ok on a thumbnail, I want the movie to start playing?

Thanks in advance guys :) :) :)

jake78

Portal Pro
July 30, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Here is a snippet of code to retrieve information from IMDB, afterwards you would have to parse it.

Imports System.Net
Imports System.IO

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
Dim searchString As String = "da+vinci+code" 'example search keyword for a movie

'URL to search for a movie
Dim request As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=" & searchString)

'URL to get detailed information for a movie
'Dim request As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/")

request.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials

Dim response As HttpWebResponse = CType(request.GetResponse(), HttpWebResponse)

Dim dataStream As Stream = response.GetResponseStream()

Dim reader As New StreamReader(dataStream)

'responseFromServer contains the HTML code for the page retrieved
Dim responseFromServer As String = reader.ReadToEnd()

dataStream.Close()
response.Close()

End Sub
End Class

Craig

Portal Member
April 15, 2006
Wow, thanks for the help man :)

I will look around to try freshen up my VB :)

Then i will try and make sense of all that :(

Thanks again

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom