Codec pack: Klite
Nvidia pure video

Still configuring the setup, beginning to come along just fine:D

Having a little trouble with some EPG's but WILL solve it..... :p

Roedkjaer

September 15, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Well..... Heard so much about it before i bought one my self..... And finally i decided to get the E6300 instead of the E6600 because of two reasons.. First of all it would save me about 150$ but secondly i read the the overclocking potential was amazing.

So when i recieved it yesterday i startet out by making it the same speed as the E6600. Didn't change anything except for locking PCI and Pci express on 33 and 100 repectively - Ram on Auto giving 1:1. Then I set the FSB on 344 and thought, I wonder if this will work without any change in vcore to cpu or ram.... I saved bios and and it just started...Wee, I'm already pleased..!
There is obviously great potential for overclocking here.... I havent played any more for now, since i wanted to get media portal up'n running...

So i now have a cpu operating at the same speed as the E6600 for a percentage of the price:D

However, the E6600 has 4mb cache against the E6300 2mb.... But through reading different tests, the extra 2mb does not give that much of a difference....

I can deffinately reccomend this CPU....

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
They are very impressive sounding processors. After reading that you had one I googled once again and then did a comparison of my workstation's processor (Pentium D830) and the E6300. SuperPI finishes an incredible 2 minutes quicker on the Core 2 Duo running @ 1.8GHz - :O.

Lol my colleague has just informed me that his Core 2 Duo laptop has arrived, I'm so envious now :p.

Roedkjaer

September 15, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hehe... I can imagine, a laptop with core2duo nice:D

The cool thing about this processor is the price..... Intel finally get the edge - For now :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom