Completed My HTPC system (1 Viewer)

orestes

Portal Member
August 23, 2006
Australia
This started out largely as a Small Form Factor gaming PC as I used to go to LAN parties, I should say I ocasionaly still do, however these days i'm fairly over gaming, and as such this has become a multipurpose HTPC system. It's a little over grunted for what it does most of the time, however it works almost flawlesly.

Specs are as Follows:

Shuttle SN95G5B
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
512mb 400mhz OCZ value ram
120GB 7200rpm SATA drive
256mb Sparkle 6800 GT
Compro DVBT200A TV tuner
Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers... needs upgrading :(
Streamzap PC Remote

runing media portal 0.2 quite well

output to a 52cm TV via svideo out... need to get an LCD Projector :(

IMG_3403.jpg

orestes

Portal Member
August 23, 2006
Australia
Yeah... inch, centimetre I get confused some times. half the catolouges for TV's here are still imperial, the other half aren't I just measured it to put my mind to rest, and yes it is 52cm. Either way it does the job well enough siting back watching HDTV @ 1024x768 I still wish I had something biger though

orestes

Portal Member
August 23, 2006
Australia
Hmm... probably, i don't exactly know much other then the fact that's directly conected via svideo in to my TV. I was a little suprised that it had svideo conection i.e. there's no adapters nescesary for svideo conection. It's a pity it doesn't have anything better like composite video, or SCART, as svideo quality is never quite as good

On the other hand I know i've watched HDTV @ 1600x1200 resoloution on my 19" Monitor, it's nice but it's a little bit small for watching TV on a regular basis

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
a nice 1920x1080 progressive panel is the way to go
you will never be able to go back though (problem when visiting friends)

roosterx

Portal Pro
April 24, 2006
Högsäter, Sweden
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hmm... probably, i don't exactly know much other then the fact that's directly conected via svideo in to my TV. I was a little suprised that it had svideo conection i.e. there's no adapters nescesary for svideo conection. It's a pity it doesn't have anything better like composite video, or SCART, as svideo quality is never quite as good

On the other hand I know i've watched HDTV @ 1600x1200 resoloution on my 19" Monitor, it's nice but it's a little bit small for watching TV on a regular basis

Not to be picky! but i guess i need to clarify some things - Scart short for 'Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs' is actually not any better than composite/Svideo(y/c) or rgb, because it is all of these in one standard plug(+ sound - left/right) - now of course it isn't shure your TV support all of these way's to connect a video source - the quality you can expect to get from these is usually like composite is the worst(most blurry, bleeding colours etc), svideo is the second best, and RGB is usually the best (sharper - thus not bleeding colours etc) - and pure theoratical the picture quality should be better with a seperate svideo cable, or separate RGB connections compared to scart, since scart support so many signals in one(interference) - though irl there is no way of knowing what is best without trying - because there could be cheap components on the separate line compared to the scart input and vice versa.

Now - i believe you meant component.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom