Ongoing My HTPC With MediaPortal From Portugal (1 Viewer)

ruiluna

Portal Member
November 6, 2007
Palmela
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hello there, greetings from Portugal.

I've started to build my htpc , here are the specs:

MediaPortal Version: V0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Foofaraw43
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel Mobile Dual Core - Core 2 Duo T2050 1.60Ghz
HDD: Matrox 40GB Ide <--- UPDATED 10/11/07 Seagate 160Gb SATAII HDD
Memory: 1Gb DDR2 < --- UPDATED 31/01/08 - 2Gb DDR2
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8i945GMMFY-RH
Motherboard Chipset: Intel I945GM
Motherboard Bios: Award Modular / Phoenix
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 7200GS, 256MB DDR2 PCi-e
Sound Card: Integrated in MB / Realtek ALC880 - HD <---- Updated 31/01/08 - Creative SoundBlaster Audigy
SoundSystem: Creative 5.1 <- searching for the perfect (€) amplifier and some surround sound speakers
DVD: Asus QuieTrack Black
Media: All in one Card Reader on floppydriver bay.
1. TV Card: Technisat SkyStar 2 PCI
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Cabovisão , SA, Cable.
HTPC Case: Nox Cube Black
Cooling: Gigabyte processor cooler silente
Power Supply: OEM 400W <--something to change later with someting more silente!
Remote: Toshiba MCE - updated 10/11/07 -> Trust Wireless Optical Keyboard/Mouse
TV: Samsung SlimFit TV 4:3
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video , no digital connector on TV. (ye, i guess someting to change later on, too!)
Media Files: all music files, pictures and movies are on a server that i have on my home network.

and some pictures:
all together:
motherboard.JPG

TV:
tv.JPG

Remote:
remote.JPG

The case:
box1.JPG

box2.JPG

box3.JPG

And working:
sys.JPG

someting by night:
by_night.JPG

Coments and modification tips are welcome

Thanks

ruiluna

Portal Member
November 6, 2007
Palmela
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
hello there, the light is from one fan that came with the case. at first i tought it would. but because the case is inside the cabinet and i have the speakers and dvds on the sides, its kinda hiden. the only thing that is now making some noise is the psu fan, i've to buy a silent fan or a new psu.

thanks for the reply :)

ruiluna

Portal Member
November 6, 2007
Palmela
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi there, some new updates on the 1st page!

Anyone know a good software for DVB-S tv? i use altdvb but i would like to use some embedded on mediaportal

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

(y) Oh, for sure! Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciate you reporting it. (y) On this occasion I think the log entry being an error is a bit misleading (sorry). As long there's nothing else going on in connection with it I think we can safely leave it. The main reason I'm not going further and trying to eliminate or...
(y) Oh, for sure! Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciate you reporting it. (y) On this occasion I think the log entry...
Updated from MP1.12 to MP1.16 over the weekend. No major install problems, just usual grumpiness getting new install working. On...
Replies
Views
No idea if you're still around, but I'd love to know if you've had any issues with a VM doing the TV tuning? I tried a Win7 and Win10 VM with my TV tuner passed through via Unraid 6 and it would always drop packets when tuned to HD channels via DVB-T2. SD channels always seemed to be ok.
No idea if you're still around, but I'd love to know if you've had any issues with a VM doing the TV tuning? I tried a Win7 and...
MediaServer8 is an unRAID based storage system which, using virtualisation technology, also incorporates a MediaPortal / ArgusTV...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late photos, it took ao long because I forgot to post the photos :D https://plus.google.com/115864537260396175022/posts/fQMmcP7d6vv
Sorry for the late photos, it took ao long because I forgot to post the photos :D...
My Parents' MP Build A MediaPortal story. What's the problem? My parents want a 'one fits all' approach: they want to watch movies...
Replies
Views
AW: First HTPC prodject This System should be ok for your needs. I don't know how the Hardware wil harmonize, but should be good. (had strangest issues with self made PC's and i'm working as an it-professional) Usualy i check the compatibility list from the MB manufacturer. If you haven't done this yet i would suggest you to do...
AW: First HTPC prodject This System should be ok for your needs. I don't know how the Hardware wil harmonize, but should be good...
Hi! I thinking of replacing my AsRock 330HT-BD for DIY prodject. I'm going to use it for HD-tv tuning, music streaming and video...
Replies
Views
Oh sorry guys, this is a bug in MPExtended 0.5.1. I've already fixed it for 0.5.2, which will be released ASAP.
Oh sorry guys, this is a bug in MPExtended 0.5.1. I've already fixed it for 0.5.2, which will be released ASAP.
Hi, I've noticed occasionally when I exit mediaportal back to desktop, I see a windows prompt that Mediaportal has stopped...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom