My IP TV Plugin (1 Viewer)

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
This plugin will not be based on an individual IPTV providing web site - the purpose of this plugin is to create a base plugin which will allow mini IPTV plugins to be snapped into it.

The advantage of this is that there will not be a mediaportal plugin for every site out there that provides IPTV but there will be one mediaportal plugin (this plugin) and it will host mini plugins (which anyone is free to write) for each site out there.

Then when you access the user interface on mediaportal you will see channels from all sites (with a mini IPTV plugin).

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Phil

OLD THREAD - NOW MOVED...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WorldWideMediaProject plugin now has a new thread.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=13701
Original Post in this thread was:-

"Hi All,

I plan to create a plugin based on this site (http://www.worldwidemediaproject.com/). Just wanted to know firstly, if anyone is already working on something like this?.. and secondly, is there any general interest in a plugin like this?

I will keep you all updated on the progress.

Phil"

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
Ok, I'm working on this now. Just to give everyone a bit of background on how this is going to work...

Firstly, you will need an account on the world wide media project site. When you have an account you can create your own playlists.

The data in this user defined playlist can be accessed through the URL provided in the 'My Profile' part of the site. The URL and your username/password will be entered though the setting part of my plugin and thus you will then be able to access your personal playlist in the GUI part of my plugin.

Access to this data will be basic to start with. i.e. you will initially be presented with categories:-

Entertainment
Sport
Movies
and so on...

When you select a category you will be given all the channels for that category and what language they're in.

I know this is not ideal but this will be the basic first release - more in-depth releases will follow.

Hope to have this with you all soon,

Phil

juan pablo

Portal Member
October 11, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Overture,

I was planning on creatring the website you mention abovew and then creating the Plugin you say you are working on. However its seems that rather than working together on this Dinki ran off and implemented half of my ideas with the website. Of course hes done a good job but it just highlights how we all need to work together on this IPTV rather than going off our own seperate ways and making 5 or 6 different substandard and limited version of this mod.

Therefore i propose we all try and work together on this.

As you know there is already a plugin for the 'wwwITV.com' website which i believe is far superior in the number and quality of links it contains over the website by Dinki purely on the basis that Dinki's site is essentially just a screen scrape of the links on a certain well respected 3rd party web TV site.

Anyway im not here to slag off other projects i just really dont want to see you or anyone else go off on another fork of this mod, when we could all work together so well if we teamed up to make 'THE' IPTV mod which is worthy of becoming distributed with MP.

I for one would really love to see the 'viewTV.co.uk' website as this is a commercial enterprise which is soon to be rolled out across the UK via set top TV boxes to millions of homes, just like the new BT IPTV set-top box in the UK, and just like hundreds of media companies are doing across Europe and the world.

SO i believe this would be a great starting point. Plus if we can incorporate this with wwwITV and even the DInki website we sahould be on to an absolute cracker of a mod.

Anyway, if your with me on this send me an IM via this site.

Juan Pablo!

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
Hi juan pablo!

I had offered to help in the wwitv thread but no-one replied for a long time so I thought it had gone off the boil.

I hope we can work on this more and I agree that a better approach is required so that we dont have an "IP TV" plugin for every different web site out there that offers channels. I was just going to create the worldwidemediaproject plugin to test the water for my first release of a plugin.

Do you have any design ideas for the plugin? I don't want to over-complicate the the design but I was thinking of a mini-plugin architecture especially for IP TV - this would enable people to write their own plugins for each new web site which offers IPTV channels (and wwitv could be modified slightly to become a plugin). I would be happy to implement this structure if we agree on something.

Let me know what your thoughts/ideas are.

Thanks for posting!

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom