My Lyrics 1.41 (December 4th 2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Release notes to MyLyrics 1.41

See info for 1.4.2 beta for Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC1 below

MyLyrics displays the lyric of the currently played song inside MediaPortal.
    The plugin can show LRC's and plain lyrics. It uses both musictags and online searches to find lyrics.

Basic features:
    - Dynamic search for the lyric (both LRC's and plain lyrics) to the currently played music file.
    - Browse your music database and select the songs to which you want to find lyrics.
    - Batch search for lyrics matching songs in music database.
    - Search single title and select amoung lyrics from various lyrics sites.
    - Add/delete/edit lyrics and save changes in lyrics databases.
    - Import/export lyrics to/from music tags.
    - Include lyrics from the Internet, musictags, text- and lrc-files.
    - Create a LRC from a basic lyric on the fly and share it with the community.

Keys:
    - E key (or '*' button on remote): Toggle between lyric and editor screen.
    - P key: Toggle between LRC and LRC Pick screen.
    - F key: Toggle between LRC and lyric mode. In lyric mode a new online search starts.
    - S key: Increase the vertical scroll speed in scroll mode. A total of six speed available.
    - Numeric keys to select among various LRC's on LRC Pick screen
    - Enter key (or 'OK' on remote): Tag line in LRC editor mode.
    - Backslash key: Delete the last tagged line in LRC editor mode.
    - F9 key (or right mouse button): See context menu

Screens:
    - Lyric: shows lyric with coverart on the right.
    (Two sub modes for both Lyrics basic and Lyrics wide: static (default) or scroll mode)
    - LRC: shows lrc file and coverart on the right.
    - LRC pick: uses BennieBoy's LRCFinder to select among different matching LRC entries.
    - LRC editor: enables the creation of lrc lyric from a plain lyric.
    - Translation screen. See a translated version of the lyric.

Compatible with MediaPortal 1.0.2 and MediaPortal 1.1.0 Beta

Installation:
    - MPEI install

Noteworthy changes since version 1.40:
    - Fix: Actiongroup control dropped and contextmenu used instead

Noteworthy changes since version 1.35:
    - Add: Translation screen added (using Google Translate)
    - Add: Sidebar added for Blue3 and Blue3wide.
    - Add: Toggle between static lyric and lyric scroll screen.
    - Rem: No longer a wide mode, only basic left

For skin designers:
    - No longer need for gui controls 21 and 1021
    - Please don't include actiongroup as described in release notes to version 1.40. ContextMenu used instead.

DOWNLOAD MyLyrics 1.41 here.

For Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC1 users:
    Some changes have been added to the new Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC1 which means that 1.4.2. will crash with this version. You have to update the plugin with the (new) MPE installer. Dont forget to uncheck "Show only stable releases" under Options. Then you can update to version 1.4.2.2 which will work with Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC1. More info about MPEI V2 Extensions Installer here.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mackey, :D for your update. One thing though: the action menu does not work as expected. Small explanation please. ;)

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi mackey, :D for your update. One thing though: the action menu does not work as expected. Small explanation please. ;)
    Sure thing. I believed it to be selfexplaing but I see why it isn't so for other than myself.

Find LRC: Searches for a LRC lyric
    Find lyric: Searches for a plain lyric
    Make LRC: Switches into the LRC editor screen
    Translate to...: Find a lyric and translates it using the Google Translate service. It translate by default to English. This can be changed on the settings tab in the plugin configuration.
    Pick LRC: Switches to the Pick LRC screen, where you can select among all matching LRC found using BennieBoy's LRCFinder service
    Scroll lyric: Find a lyric and display it. The lyric is scrolling is selected, otherwise it is static

Besides these there are two shortcuts wich switches to the active playlist and the Now Playing screen respectively.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for the google transalte support but how it work? :sorry:

Select a language on the setting tab in the configuration. And then simple choose the "Translate to [language]" in the sidebar within MP. Note that only Blue3 and Blue3wide currenly supports the new features of the plugin. Hopefully several other popular skins will follow soon.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks for the google transalte support but how it work? :sorry:

Select a language on the setting tab in the configuration. And then simple choose the "Translate to [language]" in the sidebar within MP. Note that only Blue3 and Blue3wide currenly supports the new features of the plugin. Hopefully several other popular skins will follow soon.

Ah ok. I find the option in configuration but actually I use StreamedMP so I can't find any sidebar..

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi mackey, thanks for the new version. Just updating my skins to support the 1.40 and I've run into a few problems...

If I click the button "Make Lyric", the editor appears along with the tag button, but I can't navigate right to the tag button anymore because contols 20/1020 aren't visible anymore.

Perhaps the "Make Lyric" should be a togglebutton?

Navigating to the hidden menu only works if I press "down" from the textbox spin control. I've set all directions to control 950.

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi mackey, thanks for the new version. Just updating my skins to support the 1.40 and I've run into a few problems...

If I click the button "Make Lyric", the editor appears along with the tag button, but I can't navigate right to the tag button anymore because contols 20/1020 aren't visible anymore.

Perhaps the "Make Lyric" should be a togglebutton?

Navigating to the hidden menu only works if I press "down" from the textbox spin control. I've set all directions to control 950.

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers
    Hi Reptile,
    In Blue3wide the Tag button with id 50 is selected when "Make LRC" is chosen. The control is giving focus in the code. Natural I suspect that the same thing should happen in your skins. I'm a newbee to actiongroups though so perhaps the code and markup isn't a perfect fit. Have you tried to enter <onRight>50</onRight> into the button?

950 is the id for the first button in the actiongroup. I don't think it makes sense to set all directions to control 950..

cheers

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom