Completed My Media Portal Dign HV 7 SQ HTPC (1 Viewer)

getyours_2005

Portal Member
December 26, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Configuration:

Asus P4P800 with 2.7 ghz celeron procesor
1024 mb ddr ram 333 mhz

Asus Dvd burner
Asus Dvd player

5.1 on board config

WnXp sp2
Mediaportal 1.3

Firedtv digital with mediaguard and Canal+ subscription

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df33b3127cce969f69824c9200000016108CZtnDdsxa0

Is difficult to build a mediacenter?

There so many choices you have in the different htpc cases and than there is digital television, 5.1 or 7.1 soundcard, etc.....

Finally I just started building and in the picture above you can see the rusult.

My media files are stored on a nas server this way I can acces my files from everywhere in the house.

I'm tryin the figure out how use the dreambox as card server because this is maybe the first htpc but not the last and I don't wanna pay a subcription for all the mediaboxes.

Digital television I started with the skystar 2 but could not get it to run stable. But maybe I didn't had the right drivers I prever this card above the one I have now the firedtv box. If any of you all got a stable config I intrested. Than maybe It was the combination of mediaportal on windows mediacenter. why am I saying this because the firedtv also didn't work with that combination. I've tested the config I have now on media center with media portal and keepgetting those error messeges like can't auto tune etc..... Than I tested it on Xp sp2 and all the errors where gone
I use the BDA drivers the order ones dont seem to work.

This all for now

Next projects are

mediacenter car
mediacenter bedroom
extender bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi all, I have been watching SD and HD in my multiseat environment relatively ok, with some stuttering on HD and HD+. Since I wanted to address my stuttering I was putting a new active Intel Server GigE PCIe card into my server, to offload streaming from my CPU to the PCIe card. When I am now tuning to an HD+ channel I...
Hi all, I have been watching SD and HD in my multiseat environment relatively ok, with some stuttering on HD and HD+. Since I...
Hi all, I have been watching SD and HD in my multiseat environment relatively ok, with some stuttering on HD and HD+. Since I...
Replies
Views
Mediaportal RC2 – my move away from VISTA Mediacenter after the TV Pack disaster (only for OEM´s) Fotostory to be found in the PDF Attachment !!! Dear community, I´d like to share some of my experiences with you by explaining my move away from Vista Mediacenter (VMC) towards Mediaportal RC2 for the ones currently asking...
Mediaportal RC2 – my move away from VISTA Mediacenter after the TV Pack disaster (only for OEM´s) Fotostory to be found in the...
Mediaportal RC2 – my move away from VISTA Mediacenter after the TV Pack disaster (only for OEM´s) Fotostory to be found in the...
Replies
Views
80 to 140W isn't as bad as I expected, I'd rate you at 2 freezers :-). Currently I use 105 to 140watts for my server but this includes the switch, modem, micro server and a rather inefficient UPS. With regards the UPS I just worked out today via google that a big UPS with a small load will be inefficent. I am looking at getting a...
80 to 140W isn't as bad as I expected, I'd rate you at 2 freezers :-). Currently I use 105 to 140watts for my server but this...
G’day, I’m about to overhaul my current setup and thought I’d write about it in case anyone was interested. Existing setup &...
Replies
Views
Hello there, greetings from Portugal. I've started to build my htpc , here are the specs: MediaPortal Version: V0.2.2.0...
Replies
Views
Thanks for explaining ill give it a go. Do you know what codecs I should be using tho? Im pretty sure I could select any and it would play a movie, but why would you use one over another?
Thanks for explaining ill give it a go. Do you know what codecs I should be using tho? Im pretty sure I could select any and it...
Hi all, First off I know this is a long post but really am clueless here. I'd very much appreciate someone take a look and give...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom