Completed My Moneual 312 - AMD 785g Chipset HTPC (1 Viewer)

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I completed my Media Portal HTPC Project yesterday :)

Setup:

Moneual Moncaso 312 case
    Asus M4A785TD-M Evo
    AMD Athlon II X2 250
    Scythe Shuriken Rev. B
    Corsair XMS3 4GB RAM
    a cheap LG DVD-Rom
    Seagate Momentus 7200.4 250 gb 2.5 SATA harddisk

Pictures (click for full resolution shots):

the components... as you can see i first bought a scythe big shuriken - of course it was too big :)

"niri" inspecting the case...

after i got the O.K. from chief-inspector "niri" i begann assembling the parts together :) that's when
    i learned that my quality ikea screwdriver was a bit too thick, so i couldn't remove the hd cages first.
    and i learned that the big shuriken is too big for this case.

the next day i went back to the store to get the smaller shuriken rev. b and a cheap dvd-rom drive.
    everything fits perfectly now :)

installed windows xp and media portal, configured it a bit and ready i was for my first movie-evening with the new htpc :)

any questions and of course comments are welcome! :)

greetings,

blubserl

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not only Case looks great, the complete Equipment looks clean and great, everything fits.
    niri is sweet too :D

Gratulation!

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    thanks for the feedback guys :) just in case anyone is interested in buying the same moneual case - be aware, that the built-in ir receiver is crap. it's not a standard mce receiver - i couldn't get it to work with media portal, so i still use the mce usb receiver i already owned. i was able to use the built in ir for power toggle though.

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008
    Oh jeez please don't say that now lol. I just ordered the case yesterday (already shipped arriving Friday). I'm hoping you didn't install the Imon software along with the IR Server Suite and that's why it isn't working for you. I guess I'll find out on Friday hahah.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I haven't spent time trying to work this out, but I also don't use the internal receiver for similar reasons.

However, it must be 'fairly standard' as if I have an external receiver plugged in, then either the supplied remote or my MCE remote act as if I was hitting a button twice, so both receivers are sending the same signals. I can confirm this with the supplied remote if only my MCe receiver is plugged in - it all works fine!

I'm sure this problem can be resolved. Hopefully if someone manages to find time to get this working, they will post instructions! I wonder as if it is as simple as forcing the build-in receiver to use the MCE receiver drivers?

Best wishes,

Mark

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008
    It's most likely not even that complicated. I bet a simple install of the Imon receiver software (unmapping everything of course - and even then this software might not even be required) followed by the IR Server Suite will fix the issues with no hassle. I'll have mine setup by Saturday night and post whether it's true or not.

I use a Harmony One remote that acts as a MCE remote so I have a silmilar setup. I'll know more Saturday (or hell maybe even Friday if I'm not lazy) and report back to you guys.

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008
    Update:

Soooo yes it turned out to be a lot more trouble than I expected. I installed the iMon software that came with the remote. A lot of the functions worked alright but I had some issues with the keys etc. and I didn't really like how bulky I felt the software was (it did in fact work with MediaPortal once it was installed so no issues here). Then I tried installing the IR Server Suite which I got no where with. I could not for the life of me get IRSS to pick up any commands from my remote (Harmony or the one that came with the case). Then I tried using updated imon software from soundgraph's site... no matter what I tried it wouldn't pick up any of the signals so I was stuck with the one that came with the case. Once I spent a little time with the software it began to grow on me. I got most of my normal functions down and feel I can a lot with it.

I have my harmony programmed as an imon remote btw. This receiver would not receive any MCE commands so that's a dead end if you're planning that. But having it setup as an imon clone seems to be working really well. I need to play with the delays etc. to get it a bit more responsive but all in all it seems to be working good.

I agree the enclosure is beautiful by the way. I had to trim down my Bluray drive to get the tray to fit through the opening but it wasn't that big of a deal. My shave job is basically hidden by the "bluray" logo'd bay cover that they provide you with. And yes, tape was needed to make sure the eject button was being pressed. I had to add a lot since my drive needed to be pushed back a bit. It wasn't too bad and it looks great now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom