My MP uses only my TV but it keeps flickering.... (1 Viewer)

lgoulart

Portal Member
September 14, 2005
Brazil
Hi all,

I´m using MP in a dedicated box which is an Athlon 64 3000+ (754), the mobo is Gigabyte K8VM800M, with 1gb RAM, a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 and a Geforce FX 5500.

The problem I´m having is that since it´s connected directly to the TV (no monitor attached) the display after booting keeps flickering over and over with no particular interval or anything...... I simply don´t know what to do.... :cry:

Any help would be very appreciated. Btw, the resolution is set to 800x600, 16bit and the refresh rate is 60hz.

Tks a lot in advance, best regards!

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi,

unfortunaltely I can not help you.

But I can tell you that I have a similar config and it works.

I have: WinTV PVR 150, PAL-TV, 800x600, 60Hz.

After booting it flickers a while (5 seconds) ... then it jumps to an other modus and the picture is stable.

Maybe there is an issue with PAL vs. SECAM? Maybe PVR 150 thinks there is an PAL TV and you have a SECAM???

Sorry for no real help
WeWe

lgoulart

Portal Member
September 14, 2005
Brazil
wewe said:
hi,

unfortunaltely I can not help you.

But I can tell you that I have a similar config and it works.

I have: WinTV PVR 150, PAL-TV, 800x600, 60Hz.

After booting it flickers a while (5 seconds) ... then it jumps to an other modus and the picture is stable.

Maybe there is an issue with PAL vs. SECAM? Maybe PVR 150 thinks there is an PAL TV and you have a SECAM???

Sorry for no real help
WeWe

Hi WeWe and all,

Tks for the response. Well, the TV system here in Brazil is PAL-M, but my TV supports NTSC as well and the image looks better this way. I´ve made some adjustments in the driver and set the resolution to 720x480 @ 60hz (I can´t configure to use no more nor less hz than that), my Nvidia (I´ve downloaded the latest I found at Nvidia site) driver has some pre-configurations for me to use it in 720x480 Interlaced and it kind of stabilized.

I´m not pretty sure if this is the best solution, because sometimes the video signal goes away and then come back, randomly. Even now that after those new settings it´s way more stable. I can´t tell if it´s a problem with horizontal or vertical sync.... Any suggestions on that?

And another thing, is there any way for me to get the image to get sharper in the TV? Because I think it´s kind of blurry. Would Nvidia Pure Decoder help me out on that? Is it worth using or I´m better without it?

Tks again! And any input will be great! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom