My Music -> Tell what folder you're browsing (1 Viewer)

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hi!

I would like to see the current folder's name in My Music. Why not put an string up in the left corner and replace "Songs" with the current folder name? I can't see any reason why it has to be an "Music" - text in the background and an "Songs" - string on it?

This also applies to My Videos, I want to see what folder I browse.

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    mikael said:
    Hi!

I would like to see the current folder's name in My Music. Why not put an string up in the left corner and replace "Songs" with the current folder name? I can't see any reason why it has to be an "Music" - text in the background and an "Songs" - string on it?

Big-up for this one! /Niclas

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mikael said:
    Hi!

I am hoping as MP moves forward (more features) that the ability to modify each display screen becomes easier and easier for users. MP is a great starting place and I see many possibilities that can happen within this platform. Like you, I want even more (not so much that it is cluttered) info displayed on the screen, but I want the ability to see weather info and time and ... well, things I want. I think it will happen, but we have to be patient.

For me, it would be GREAT if there could be a way to EASILY develop a control (actually to be more like Konfabulator & widgets on Mac OS-X) and then add that control onto any of the displays through the screen/display editor that is being worked on. This would be too great!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@hwahrmann ... reminder?;)
    @hwahrmann ... reminder?;)
    Although my Music-collection is taggeged very well, some files do not have an entry for e.g. the tag <Album>. So I want to exclude...
    Replies
    Views
    Got into Disk Management to Change Drive Letter and Path for J: but found the "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" & "Browse" are both grayed out. Diskpart using an Admin CMD allowed me to Select Volume and Assign it to an empty NTFS folder. You've been a great help.
    Got into Disk Management to Change Drive Letter and Path for J: but found the "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" & "Browse"...
    Hi, I'm investigating how to get a failover command developed. Such as : FAILOVER <\\server\sharedfolders\SD02 | local HDD...
    Replies
    Views
    I changed the setting to delayed. And it seems to be working. No problems with the reboots, so far. Thanks for the suggestions.
    I changed the setting to delayed. And it seems to be working. No problems with the reboots, so far. Thanks for the suggestions.
    I've had to upgrade to 1.27 because my TVServer kept not starting when the computer rebooted. So now I've lost TVWishList, which...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification of the film, IMDBURL is just unnecessary information that will clutter the database.
    How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification...
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom