my music to my lyrics (1 Viewer)

jimwin

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
England England
Is there an easy shortcut to bring up my lyrics from within my music?

My wife was happily choosing tracks to sing along to at the weekend, and she was playing a track, then going out of my music, and into my lyrics manually. I would think a direct link from now playing or my music would be essential?

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes, indeed. MyLyrics can however not force its way into MyMusic but have to be referenced within the skin. Skins such as StreamedMP, XFactor, BlackGlass and many more have shortcuts from MyMusic to MyLyrics.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Anyone know if this can be done with Xface skin, and if so how? cant seem to see anything myself, it seems by far the most popular skin so I would hope it would.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It can easily be done in Xface. Various other skins do so and you can steal the xml setting from there mylyrics.xml file to do so. You should look for the id code 90478 which is the id for the mylyrics plugin. Try StreamedMP or BlackGlass which i believe to be the most popular.

armyofme

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2006
    York
    Home Country
    Another alternative to this is ... have a button on your remote that takes you to My Lyrics. Im using a Harmony 515 to do this with an Imon receiver and using the ShortCutter plugin.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply, i was hoping for something already in the skin though as xml files are jibberish to me and modifying one id do more damage than good :)

Will have to stick with going back to my home screen and selecting MyLyrics from there.

Another alternative to this is ... have a button on your remote that takes you to My Lyrics. Im using a Harmony 515 to do this with an Imon receiver and using the ShortCutter plugin.

Thanks, i'm getting a remote next week so will look into that.

jimwin

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The most natural way would be to add this as a visualization in My Music, or be able to select and play music tracks from within My Lyrics. But jumping back and forth between My Music and My Lyrics is a lot of pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom