My Netflix 1.41 instant play failing (2 Viewers)

zaniix

December 9, 2011
I am new to this so I may have made a mistake or missed something I needed so here is what I did

I installed MediaPortal 1.2.1 all defaults and add the location of my movie files
I then installed My Netflix 1.4.1 authorized etc followed the readme that was included

When I try to play something from the queue it starts loading but at 7% it stops and tells me I have an internet connection issue.

I go to IE and connect to netflix and I can play anything I want and it all works fine, I can also do so from my WD TV Live box and my Wii, so its not a network issue.

I know I need to get some logs etc, but right now I think I must have missed an important update or something, but I am confused about what if anything I need to make sure is updated.

My PC is an intel I7 920 12gig Ram, nvidia GTS250
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I was really looking forward to building a box just for Media portal, but if I can not Get netflix to work reliably its a wash.

What do you suggest and what do you need from me to help you tell me what I need to do.

:D

btwthieves

January 2, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm also experiencing this error. I've tried everything from the link that helped the OP (twice) but I can't seem to make the error go away. I think it has something to do with authorizing MyNetflix - and therefore the custom browser - to use my account. The next logical step is to try to log out of Netflix in the custom browser so i can log back in again.

Unfortunately, I looked for a way to deauthorize MyNetflix and I couldn't find one. I uninstalled MyNetflix 1.41 and realized the custom browser didn't get uninstalled with it (!) So, I manually deleted the folder containing NetflixViewer.exe and reinstalled MyNetflix 1.41. To my disappointment, the MyNetflix plugin configuration window still showed that my account WAS authorized, so clearly the MyNetflix plugin is keeping its authorization data in *another* directory that is not removed by the uninstaller, perhaps in a database of some kind. Does anybody know where these data are being kept?

Notably, I had version 2.0.4 installed before this and it was able to stream just fine, which affirms that this is a problem with the custom browser because version 2+ uses IE in kiosk mode instead of NetflixViewer.exe. I uninstalled version 2 and manually double checked the skin folder and the plugin folder for leftover xml and dll files before installing 1.41, but I don't know if something in the authorization "database" was left over and is now messing with version 1.41's authorization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom