Completed My new media rack (1 Viewer)

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi guys,

after 2 months of ordering equipment and configuration i finally managed to get everything working as it should:

See attached pics...

and here are the details of the media equipment:

AV Receiver: Cheap and old Sony Dolby AV receiver (will be replaced by a Onkyo SR 605, once my speakers are repaired)

HTPC:
Case: Silverstone GD01MX
CPU: AMD 4200+ EE
MB: Asus M2A HDMI 690g uATX
RAM: 2gb ddr2-800 MDT
HDD: 2x 500GB Samsung
Fancontroller: 2x Zalman fancontrollers for manually setting the RPM of the case fans
PSU: Seasonic 430w
Graphics: onboard ATI x1250 (using 1080p resolution via HDMI)
Sound: onboard ALC883
DVD: Pioneer DVD-Rom
remote: DiNovo Mini with ueberoptions software for full MP control

this configuration together with the Zalman Fan mates allow me to have a very silent HTPC.

The HTPC is connected to a Samsung LE40A558 LCD Screen (40 inches). Other devices on the pics are a nintendo wii and the wii fit board, which is actually fun to use...

Upcoming objectives: exchange dvd rom drive with Blue Ray drive and get a passive graphics card. the onboard ATI x1250 is not capable of playing Blue Ray media. But maybe, i will go for a 780g mainboard anyway... Furthermore, i am thinking about buying an ipod touch, so that it connects to my htpc via VNC. (allegedly there is a software which allows me to only display a virtual keyboard on the ipod touch)

greetz,

Kian

Attachments

• DSCF2731.JPG
    DSCF2731.JPG
    770.2 KB
  • DSCF2730.JPG
    DSCF2730.JPG
    506.6 KB

nicolas

Portal Member
April 2, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
nice one,someone likes black I think :D

and damn ! the smallest keyboard I ever seen :eek:

finrudd341

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Looks good - how's the DeNovo remote working for you? I am still researching what remote I will use, and this one seemed quite a good option. Does it have full MP control? I'd be interested to hear what you think of this compared to a standard Media Centre style remote?

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
@finrudd
as you can see on the pick, my HTPC is inside the lowboard. As I dont like it being open, I prefer having the lid closed. So what happens is that, there is not direct IR connection which renders the IMON Remote useless. So I looked for an alternative, which uses Bluetooth. Therefore i ended up with couple of devices and first bought the Keysonic ACK 540 RF. As it was a relatively "huge" Bluetooth keyboard i was not really happy with it. So in the end I bought the DiNovo mini which i could fully adapt to MediaPortal. This does not work out of the box, but rather you need to download a so called "ueberoptions software" which allows you to assign ALL buttons in Mediaportal. so it actually works like a charm.

The only drawback i see between the Bluetooth devices and the IMON remote, is that I need to manually turn on the HTPC at the case, whilst the remote did that when pressing the power button. But this of course required the lid of my lowboard to be open.

I hope that i could help you out somehow.
best,

kian

finrudd341

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Thanks Kian - it does sound like a great solution, and I think I am leaning towards this for my setup. I can see that the power on/off thing is a pain, but I could live with that.

Thanks for the feedback. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom