'My Programs' advice needed (1 Viewer)

jezd

Portal Pro
December 28, 2007
Hi,

Can anyone help with how to use 'My Programs' and lauch it on the second monitor (same monitor as MP)? the plugin 'My Programs' works great expect that it launches apps to the default monitor and not the TV (2nd).

Are there any tools that can assign a program to a specific monitor?

'My Programs' could do with an option for each app to choose the monitor maybe?

Cheers

Jez

pyedog

Portal Member
February 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a NVidia card, and I use their utility to temporarily switch the primary/secondary displays.
I write a .cmd file that switches displays, starts the program, and then switches back when the program ends - i.e. something like:

rundll32.exe nvcpl.dll,dtcfg Primary 2
run whatever ...
rundll32.exe nvcpl.dll,dtcfg Primary 1

You could also probably use something like an autohotkey script to force the app to the display you want.

jezd

Portal Pro
December 28, 2007
I have a NVidia card, and I use their utility to temporarily switch the primary/secondary displays.
I write a .cmd file that switches displays, starts the program, and then switches back when the program ends - i.e. something like:

rundll32.exe nvcpl.dll,dtcfg Primary 2
run whatever ...
rundll32.exe nvcpl.dll,dtcfg Primary 1

You could also probably use something like an autohotkey script to force the app to the display you want.

thanks, just testing a util called 'UltraMon' too - looks like this can do it out of the box :eek:

I can confirm that the 'UltraMon' tool does just this and allows you to create shortcuts that kick off an application on a second display.

Thanks to all

Jez

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom