My proposals for improval the Skin (1 Viewer)

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Proposals:

1. Scroll long movies' names.
    For movie's long title a horiz scrolling is advisable - at least for "Moving Pictures - Movie details", "Moving Pictures - Big thumbs view" screens.

2. Allow hiding weather bar from Home screen.
    Provide possibility to remove weather data from BasicHome screen (currently only 2 options are available - "show always" & "show after move down").

3. No "Home screen" !
    Exclude switch to Home screen with ugly vertical menu.

4. Default movie poster.
    In "MyMovies" screen: if some movie is registered in MediaPortal DB, an appropriate poster and movie info is shown; otherwise a SMALL default poster is displayed. A very simple advice - make size of this default poster the same as for movies' posters.
    Second - replace current default poster (smth like "No poster available") with some less scaring one (with displayed film, for example - up to your fantasy).

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    3. No "Home screen" !

I'd like this... I was wondering about how to stop my MP from making this switch when I press twice the green button...

If you are using MP 1.0.2, then you can look here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-either-basic-home-home-screen-updated-49811/

Pending patch to integrate into MP:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ver-etc-325/option-have-only-basichome-66052/

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Yes, option 1 might be a problem if you run a newer version than the mod.
    Hold thumbs for option 2.

Other option is to change remote/keyboard mapping.
    Or even changing the skin xml's. I vaguely recall someone trying in the past the replace the home screen xml with the content of basichome.xml. Can't remember the outcome now.

Still option 2 of my previous post will be ideal.

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    3. No "Home screen" !

I'd like this... I was wondering about how to stop my MP from making this switch when I press twice the green button...

Try this. Worked great for me.

Wow... guess I don't have sufficient credentials to give advice round here? But, being a glutton for punishment, I'll try again....

As stated in my previous post, there is a great working solution for preventing the appearance of the HomeScreen menu (as opposed to the Basic Home menu) when the Start Button on the remote is repeatedly pressed. The solution was worked out by Emphatic in an earlier post.

Here are the details:

1. Simply placing the contents of the Home Screen XML into the basichome XML will not work.
    2. Instead, change the key mappings for the remote control so that the Start button points to the "Second Home" Window rather than the default (I can't remember what it is). All you have to do is configure the keymappings exactly as shown in the attached screenshot.

I'd just like to restate that this solution was provided by Emphatic, and (again) here is a link to the relevant thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/x-factor-316/basic-home-without-menupictures-68450/#post494851

Cheers, Rich only.basic.home.png

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Wow... guess I don't have sufficient credentials to give advice round here?
    Hey, from my point of view your advice is always welcome :)

I saw your post and since I agreed with your advice, I also mentioned that option in my follow up. You provided the link. rivera must just decide.

Keep up supporting :D

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Wow... guess I don't have sufficient credentials to give advice round here?
    Hey, from my point of view your advice is always welcome :)

I saw your post and since I agreed with your advice, I also mentioned that option in my follow up. You provided the link. rivera must just decide.

Keep up supporting :D

Sorry... feeling a little precious today. ;)

biship

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2008
    Proposals:
    1. Scroll long movies' names.
    For movie's long title a horiz scrolling is advisable - at least for "Moving Pictures - Movie details", "Moving Pictures - Big thumbs view" screens.

Ive asked for this before - I love to see the entire fanart for movies, but the scroll by covers (when they are on the left) is terrible with big collections. I'd love a view that changed the covers to movie titles (on the left), or a view for movies similar to the one for tv series where the names are in the lower left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom