My Radio missing in 1.1.0 Beta? (1 Viewer)

Hypertone

Portal Member
September 22, 2009
I don't see it anywhere under MP Configuration. Is it missing from the beta?

Hypertone

Portal Member
September 22, 2009
Where would I check that? When I installed, I chose the option where I wouldn't use MP to watch TV. Could that be the problem?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Yes, that's the problem. TV actually refers to your TV card functionality. Radio is also achieved by the TV card.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Kind of...putting the Radio config under TV has always had me puzzled. Especially since you can add webstreams to Radio and therefore don't need a TV-Card/TV-Server. The logic is missing.

Maybe an idea to reorganize this in MP2 :)

roadrunnerm

Portal Member
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I missing the radio in MP Configuration tool to in version 1.0.2 it was ther right a way
    It is to see when I start MP but I can noting config any where

How can i config the plugin (Mostly Dutch Radio Streams 20081228) This plugin relay on the radio directory in mediaportal directory

Hypertone

Portal Member
    September 22, 2009
    I don't have a TV card, I just want to use the My Radio to listen to some streams. It does seem odd that it is configured with the TV card/server. But I guess since MP can use the FM tuner in a TV card it does make some sense. I've actually been wanting to try to configure MP to listen to FM. Does anyone use it to listen to analog FM radio on the airwaves?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The thing is that MP can play a lot of radio streams:
    FM, DVB-S, DVB-T, DVB-C (I presume), DVB-IP and Internet streams.

All of the above, except DVB-IP and Internet streams, require a TV card, which (IIRC) is why it is a part of the TVServer.

There are community plugins that I think should make non-TVServer users happy (although there is no problem installing it for radio only usage), ie https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/my-streamradio-v2-48066/ and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/radiotime-plugin-40575/ .

sl1200

Portal Member
    June 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Where can I select the option that a radio-stream needs to automatically start when MP loads? In previous MP versions (while Radio was still within the main Configuration, and not in the TV Server configuration) you could simply add a radio-stream and tick the box next to it in order to have it automatically start playing when MP loads.

My second issue with Radio in MP 1.1.0 beta is that I do not see any streams in the TV Guide, even though I entered one in the TV Server config. Has a Radio tab within MP interface really disappeared and is now supposed to be viewed from within TV Guide?

These are really my 2 major issues with MP 1.1.0 BETA, which is unfortunate considering that it is much better and more stable than the previous versions.

Users who are viewing this thread