My Score Center - version 2.12.0.0 - 4 May 2014 (for MP 1.6/1.7) (1 Viewer)

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    MyScoreCenter is a plugin which displays sports results from "almost" any web sites.

Last version = 2.12.0.0 (4 May 2014) Download
    Version only compatible with MediaPortal 1.6/1.7.

Important see installation note below.

Main Screen.jpgcat foot.jpgcat foot france.jpg
    results foot.jpgresults tdf.jpg

The source is available on GoogleCode.

Release Notes

Installation
    Download the file and install the plugin, then go to MediaPortal and the plugin will download the default configuration file from the online web site.

Upgrade from 1.* to 2.0
    The schema of the settings has change in version 2.0 to introduce type of scores.
    Don't panic the settings will not be erased since the settings file for version 2 is MyScoreCenter2.Settings.xml.
    You will need to re-enter your settings with the configuration screen.
    Open the old file settings with a text editor MyScoreCenter.Settings.xml and re-use the settings (URL, XPath expression ...) to create new scores (use the Generic type which correspond to the old format).

See instructions on the wiki page.

Description
    Since it was difficult to find a site which can give results for all sports, I decided to create a very generic plugin.
    The principle is very simple, the plugin just renders HTML tables : a score is represented by an URL and an XPath expression to find the table in the page (see: XPath Tutorial to learn about Xpath).
    It works for almost everything displayed in a table.

The scores are displayed by category (or sport) and then by league.
    For example: football (or soccer) is a category then each national championship is a league and then for a league you can display the current standings, the last results and the top scorer.
    But this is totally configurable, and you can for example decide to display results by countries, then by sports...

The default configuration file contains definitions for many competitions, including:
    • Football: all the major championships (29 leagues) + champions league and world cup qualifications,
    • Basketball: NBA (regular season), Euroleague
    • Motors: Formula 1, WRC, Nascar, Moto GP
    • Cycling (Tour de France, Giro, Vuelta)
    • Rugby: France, England, Tri Nations, SuperLeague, 6 Nations, European Cups
    • Tennis: ATP and WTA ranking, all grand slams (history tables)
    • US Football: college football and NFL standings
    • Baseball MLB
    • Cricket (ICC + last results)
    • Ice Hockey: NHL, DEL (Germany), France
    • World Records
    • Skiing: world cup calendar and standings
    Here is a screen shot of the configuration dialog.
    ConfigScreen.png

It also allows you to enter your own header row, set the size of the columns, enter rules to format the score (for example highlight your team).
    When you set the size of the column, add a minus sign to align the column to the left and a plus sign to center it and nothing to align to the right.
    The test button allows you to test your setting.
    Note that an Xpath expression can return many tables. In this case they all of them will be displayed. So if it is not what you want be sure to give an Xpath that will return only the table you want.

For each items you can have an icon in the configuration screen.

Skin controls:
    There are two main controls:
    the list control for the navigation
    a textbox control which defines the display area and the font to use.

The following properties can be used to display names and icons:
    • #ScoreCenter.Title: the name of the plugin,
    • #ScoreCenter.Results: the current results path (ie: Level 1 > Level 2 > Level 3 ...),
    • #ScoreCenter.Ico1, #ScoreCenter.Ico2, #ScoreCenter.Ico3 ...: current score icon for level n,
    • #ScoreCenter.bd: the backdrop to display,
    • #ScoreCenter.Source: the source (web site) of the score.
    • #ScoreCenter.Live: the live status (on or off).
    • #ScoreCenter.LiveOn: a flag to give the live status 0 = OFF, 1 = ON.
    • #ScoreCenter.LiveIcon: the icon to display for live status.
    • #ScoreCenter.Round: the current round (used for scores allowing navigation through rounds).
    This allows you for example to add a backdrop that matches the current sport.
    Personally, I used backdrops from Olympic Games 2008 - Free Wallpapers

Football_with_backdrop.jpgFormula 1.jpg

Any critics on the plugin or the skin implementation are welcome.

Last edited:

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    You can use this post to share you settings or ask help on XPath expression.
    You can also share icons or backdrops.

Last version of the settings file is available here
    MyScoreCenter (MyScoreCenter)

You will also find a German version and the icons pack.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi FredP42, a big :D for this plugin - long awaited, finally there!

Here the screenshots for PureVisionHD and the respective xml. Feel free to incorporate it in your next release!

The scorecenter.jpg goes into ....\skin\PureVisionHD\Media and works as the background.

Attachments

• ScoreCenter1.jpg
      ScoreCenter1.jpg
      189.4 KB
    • ScoreCenter2.jpg
      ScoreCenter2.jpg
      130.6 KB
    • scorecenter.jpg
      scorecenter.jpg
      196.4 KB
    • MyScoreCenter.xml
      30.6 KB

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nice plugin, been waiting a long time for something like this, thanks! also the things on your todo-list sound great, highlight favorite team and team logos... i'm looking forward for future releases :D

tried it myself with this xpath stuff but wasn't really successful at first, but later with another website i got it working for a regional league here in germany...

works well so far, the only thing i noticed was, that for the new created "hessenliga" the little icons are missing (national flag) and if i rename "ranking" to its german translation or anything else, the table-icon is also missing... so maybe this would be a thing for future releases to have an option to choose an icon or leave it blank... anyway, very nice plugin!

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Here the screenshots for PureVisionHD and the respective xml. Feel free to incorporate it in your next release!

The scorecenter.jpg goes into ....\skin\PureVisionHD\Media and works as the background.

Wow that was quick. Of course, I will include it in the next release. Thank you.

You put a fix background. But you saw that you can have a background matching the current sport (it is commented in the blue3(s) skin files).
    Also if there is no sport selected (home screen) the current category will be "_" so you can have a background called "_.jpg" for your home page.

nice plugin, been waiting a long time for something like this, thanks! also the things on your todo-list sound great, highlight favorite team and team logos... i'm looking forward for future releases :D

tried it myself with this xpath stuff but wasn't really successful at first, but later with another website i got it working for a regional league here in germany...

works well so far, the only thing i noticed was, that for the new created "hessenliga" the little icons are missing (national flag) and if i rename "ranking" to its german translation or anything else, the table-icon is also missing... so maybe this would be a thing for future releases to have an option to choose an icon or leave it blank... anyway, very nice plugin!

That's the point of the implementation. There are plenty of website giving sport scores, so you should always find one with what you want.
    Don't hesitate to share your entries or ask for help for XPath expressions. Normally looking at the source of the page and then using the test button should do it. I also thought to add an import/export feature to make it easy to exchange settings.

For the icon, yes the icon needs to have the "exact" name as the item (category/league/score). You can find them in your thumbs directory (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs on Vista or "Documents and Settings" on XP). For the moment they are just stored by category. It means the icon name is unique across a category.
    I'm using icons from www.iconarchive.com. Where there are a lot of team icons.

I definitely think I will try to manage the icon from the configuration (it will be easier if someone just want to rename an item).

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I saw the possibility to use different backgrounds - but to keep the skin as small as possible (especially with regard to the size of the cache folder) I decided not to use this feature. Anyway - well thought and designed! :D

warriv666

Portal Member
    September 4, 2006
    Very nice work! Trying to see if I can get it skinned appropriately for my StreamedMP view. Love it... especially the customization possibilities.

Rico

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    Straelen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wooooot finaly the score plugin is here

gonna make a skin file for black and white skin for it
    so stay tuned :)

warriv666

Portal Member
    September 4, 2006
    How can I extract the table on this page (right side) with the title "Huidige Rangschikking"? There are a lot of other score listings on this website that I want to have in the plugin and they all look alike. Can you help?

SportWereld - Sportuitslagen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom