My solution for MAME (1 Viewer)

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey,
I find this interesting. I was wondering if you could elaborate about this config. do I just need to add MAME 32 in the proper directory and I am good to go, or do I need something with xarcade? Also, can this gather the information and screen shot for mame? I appreciate your help.

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
I think I get this, I might try it out later, but what your saying is that you are launching a different front end to look at and launch all your Mame games? If I dont have this right then let me know but this is interesting. I have just been painstakingly adding Mame games to myemulators and it takes forever.

prei

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Technick,

I like your idea, so I went and checked out advmenu. I can't find anyway iof lauching advmenu in full screen mode. Were you able to run it it full screen? My monitor resolution si 1920 X 1200. Can that be the issue?

Appreciate your help,
    Pete

u095538

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2008
    Newcastle
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Technick. Thanks for sharing this! I'm using it (great advmenu configuration for the X-Arcade joysticks!) But when I launch I get the following error:

"Error opening the file 'catver.ini'

Any ideas? I'm guessing it has something to do with the categories you've setup (sport / fighting / etc..)

EDIT: Scratch that. I fixed it. It was referencing your categories within "advmenu.rc". Not just your personal categories, but also there was mention of some of your roms. I deleted all personal information and am just using your layout sceme in the .rc. Again, thank you verymuch for this :) I didn't even know advmenu existed before reading your post. It's obviously what all those mame-cabinets boot into. Again, thank you. Oh! and just in case you didn't get it. Thanks again.

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Happy for you ;-) I use advmenu / advmame since a long time because it run in my mame cab ! Using mame on a TV is... different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da] "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000001 There are several different values for the...
    Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor...
    I'm currently testing the new Sofabaton x1 remote control with which I want to replace my Harmony. Everything looks good so far...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When the movie is changed from the first item in the list, the value populates. I have a working solution to this issue and it requires an update to the Cornerstone.MP.Extensions project class...
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When...
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom