My Sport Scores - new plugin, help required (3 Viewers)

skipjack

Portal Member
October 21, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi Guys,

I'm working on creating a new media portal plugin - My Sport Scores. The plugin will display an updated scoreboards to soccer/basketball/hockey/etc games.

I've already wrote the code that get the scores from various feeds, but I'm having trouble with the GUI. I've tried reading through the documentation but got a bit lost...

I'm looking on how to do the following GUI element:
Large area on the screen (not a in a OK box - as I've seen in one of the guides) to show formatted text where I'll display all the scores. I would also be happy if I could display some icons near the text (like league logos, etc).

In addition, I'd be happy to find some info on how to save some configuration (the docs only describe how to read it...).

Can anyone give pointers or other help in subject? I'd be happy to get something released soon.

:D:D

Skipjack

skipjack

Portal Member
October 21, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi Again,

I've been able to find most of what I need by looking at other people's code, so no need to reply on the previous subject.

I'm now completing the basic feature set before releasing an initial version.

The only problem is my artistic skills are, well, poor. Is there a chance getting some skin polishing help around these forums?

Skipjack

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello skipjack,

last month I also had the idea to make a plugin for MP that displays sport scores (especially of the German Bundesliga). Yesterday I wrote some code that gets the scores from

OpenLigaDB - Sport-Ergebnisse per XML-Webservice! based on this database http://www.OpenLigaDB.de/Webservices/Sportsdata.asmx?WSDL (The page and the documentation is German)

In the next step I would like to add the code to a MP plugin.
    So this is my first plugin for MP I would like to have a look at your code and maybe add a funtion for the German Bundesliga.
    Where did you get further information?
    Where are the wiki pages which helped you?

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    any updates on this plugin :) I would love a sports page in MP

cheers,

Kasp

Be patient! Because this is my first plugin for this will take some time.
    Next time I have to contact other developers because i have some difficulties.
    And I did not get an answer from skipjack.

By the way: What sports are you interested in?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi there

I would also love to see progress on this.

Will it be possble for you to incorporate cricket scores from cricinfo?

Example current match status:
    Cricinfo - 3rd Test: Australia v South Africa at Sydney, Jan 3-7, 2009

Under Scorecard options there's also a desktop scorecard. It normally opens in a small popup. Direct URL for the currect match is Cricinfo - 3rd Test: Australia v South Africa at Sydney, Jan 3-7, 2009

What do you think?
    I'd second the cricket score idea.

MP really needs a sports plugin integrating scores, rss, sport video database, sport radio, etc.

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My self-motivation to integrate cricket is not high, because this is not a famous sport in Germany.

First I started to integrate the German Bundesliga (In America it is called soccer).
    Are you interested in UEFA Champions League? I will also integerate this beacause the openliga database provides this data.

The problem if you integrate the cricket scores you have to get it from this website. And I have never tried to get information from a website.
    If you find a XML-Webservice for that this will make it easier.

If I am finisihed I will have a look at it (maybe). But I can't promise success.

@skipjack: I would like to have a look at your code, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom